Sick Rooster, Please Help! (Video)

Not all symptoms would occur at once or at all. The most obvious symptom is a gradual wasting away. If Mareks there is no cure.

I would suggest that you put him on a broad spectrum antibiotic if you can get it. Without testing there is no positive way to know what is wrong. Should the rooster improve on antibiotics he doesn't have Mareks. That would be very good news in regards to the rest of the flock.

I would say that the most obvious symptom is his struggle with his throat. He has been like this for 3 or 4 days. The rest of the flock is fine. Today I've removed him from the coop and he's obviously in a lot of pain and discomfort. Someone told me it could be worms (?)...

In any case, I don't think it's anything contagious, or I would have other sick birds by now.

The poor guy is complaining a lot, I'm freaking out because I don't know what to do........

Last edited:
He seems to have breathing problems, as if he had the hiccups. He looks awful, very thin, and he twists his neck around in a strange way.
He is in obvious respiratory distress. The behaviors all have to do with clearing his throat. Are you able to see in his throat to see if there is anything lodged there. Does his crop feel normal? A hard lump? Squishy soft? This does not look like Mareks.

He is in obvious respiratory distress. The behaviors all have to do with clearing his throat. Are you able to see in his throat to see if there is anything lodged there. Does his crop feel normal? A hard lump? Squishy soft? This does not look like Mareks.

His crop is completely empty, nothing there... Doesn't feel like lumps or squishiness, just empty. The guy is wasting away by now. :(

I've looked down his throat and could see nothing either.

Do you think I should force-feed him??? I'm afraid to cause my dying rooster any more distress........... :(

Back
Top Bottom