Sick Roosters or Rooster

Old Man Chicken

In the Brooder
Mar 24, 2016
Abingdon Va.
{Intro} I'm 65 had chickens from the time my Dad did a milk run for pet milk Co. in '56. I have never had this happen to me.
I have looked the web over for what could be wrong with my Ameraucana Rooster Droopy sleep all day. Looked fine nothing
odd about him just sleeping and Droopy. Just found out today He came running out of the chicken house at 7:eek:o ready for action.
He's been staying up at nights guarding his hens. He's 4 Mos. old and knows his job I am now proud of him.

He's just fine it was me not ever witnessing a chick turning from chick to Rooster with hens. For a couple of days he stood just
looking around that was why I started watching him. I mistook that look of being sick. He had just figured out what he was. It was
just as strange for me to see him act like that as it was for him to find out what he was. {I watch my chicken ALOT} It happens!!
Anyway sometimes you can pay to much attention and make something out of nothing. But if you care about them pay attention
to their looks, actions and appearance they are giveaway signs somethings wrong just don't blow it up. It will cost you money and
time.

He's just fine it was me not ever witnessing a chick turning from chick to Rooster with hens. For a couple of days he stood just
looking around that was why I started watching him. I mistook that look of being sick. He had just figured out what he was. It was
just as strange for me to see him act like that as it was for him to find out what he was. {I watch my chicken ALOT} It happens!!
Anyway sometimes you can pay to much attention and make something out of nothing. But if you care about them pay attention
to their looks, actions and appearance they are giveaway signs somethings wrong just don't blow it up. It will cost you money and
time.  

I'm glad he turned out to be fine. And your right watching chickens is very entertaining and helps you see problems before they start. Watching him grow into his adulthood must have been funny but I can see why you thought he might be sick.

Back
Top Bottom