Her poos are liquid, sometimes with some excrement in it, but very liquidy.
My molting girl had this, too. I think it was largely a result of her not wanting to eat a lot in the first few weeks of her molt. There wasn't a ton in her system besides water. Now that she's perked up a bit, she's eating more and her poops are back to normal. (your situation may be different, of course!)

My molting girl had this, too. I think it was largely a result of her not wanting to eat a lot in the first few weeks of her molt. There wasn't a ton in her system besides water. Now that she's perked up a bit, she's eating more and her poops are back to normal. (your situation may be different, of course!)
Thanks for your info!
It really helps 😃

I think that she is just under the weather due to her body being covered in sore pin feathers.

I am glad I am not the only one who has experienced this!

The drunk walking truly got me. Absolutely weaving around. Thought she was on her way out for sure. Three weeks later, she's still grumpy and has tiny straws all over her body, but is recognizably herself (physically and emotionally). Glad yours seems to be over the molt hump, too. Best of luck!

However, I have noticed her drinking more water than normal…? Her poos are liquid, sometimes with some excrement in it, but very liquidy.
I have been giving her nutridrench every other day, along with some Durvet poultry vitamins and electrolytes (maybe she needs electrolytes?) for the past two days. The hard part about giving her nutridrench is that I have to hold her, and her pin feathers are sore
Cut out the vitamins and electrolytes, likely the cause of the liquid poop.

Plain fresh water.

UPDATE
@aart @Wyorp Rock @maryn7 @rosemarythyme @Crazy Maizie @Eggcessive

So, I just saw this yellowish thing, on my hen's comb......I am guessing it might be a fungal infection or something...Great. Also, can you tell that my hen's eye, face, beak, and even earlobe marking coloring are a bit more orangish than they are supposed to be??? I fear the worst has now happened.... She has had no additives, vitamins, nutridrench for two-3 days

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I just saw this yellowish thing, on my hen's comb......I am guessing it might be a fungal infection or something...Great. Also, can you tell that my hen's eye, face, beak, and even earlobe marking coloring are a bit more orangish than they are supposed to be??? I fear the worst has now happened.... She has had no additives, vitamins, nutridrench for two-3 days
Looks like a scab. A hen that is molting is going to be paler. I don't see anything concerning with her.

What is the "worst" that's now happened? What do you mean?

Her coloring looks good. The spot wouldn't be concerning to me. Looks like a peck mark near the orange. But, if she's not fully well, that could be why she has a spot of orange.
Okay thank you!
I have seen many horrible pictures of fungal infections on chickens, which have given me permanent fear of all things yellow, white, black, green, etc on combs.
Her feathers are growing well, I check regularly to make sure no feather picking is going on.

Looks like a scab. A hen that is molting is going to be paler. I don't see anything concerning with her.

What is the "worst" that's now happened? What do you mean?
Okay good. That makes me feel much better!

By the 'worst' I meant a fungal infection. I feared that, since her body was a bit under the weather, her body might be more susceptible to fungal infections.

I am glad that it is not a fungal infection. However, I will watch it to make sure that it does not get worse or spread.

Back
Top Bottom