:::sigh::: Lost my Henny Penny to a fox

Reinbeau

The Teapot Underground
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Mar 1, 2007
Hanson, MA & Lebanon, Maine
They will be three years old on June 4th, but Henny Penny didn't make it. She was one of my EEs, last night mama fox and a kit were hunting and Henny Penny got too close to the woods, we never saw it until it was too late. We'll have to be extra vigilant from now on when we let them out in the afternoon
sad.png

Couldn't be one of the GLWs, I can't stand those hens (sorry for any fans out there, but they're just not nice birds compared to the rest). Had to be one of my green/blue egg layers. And my favorite hen.
hit.gif

So very sorry, Ann. It seems to be fox season here too, and I am terrified to let the birds out.

The winter here in NJ was extremely hard on the fox. I snared 8 prior to the snow build up. They were all in prime condition. When the snow started going, I caught 6 more. The last six that I caught were skin and bones- near starvation. They are feeding kits now and are ravenous--keep your guard up, they will return. Sorry for your loss. Sourland George

So sorry for your loss. EE's are the nicest hens, mine are anyways. I am trying to get a fox that killed my two male ducks...now find out it is two at least. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Back
Top Bottom