signs on your coop

My husband is going to wood burn our coop sign soon..it is going to say.."The Hen Pecked Inn"...cause thats what he is....
lau.gif
..poor guy...
roll.png
......ialso saw another one i was tempted to buy...it said.."Raising Kids is like being pecked to death by a chicken"...
big_smile.png

My Hen House is called the projects because it LOOKS like something that government contractors would put together for low income families. It is slapped together, and while I'd admit I worked hard on it...its a little hard on the eyes.

I have lots of Black stars, one fat silkie and a whitey of unknown origin.

cool.png

yuckyuck.gif
Thanks, I needed that!
clap.gif
Somehow, I doubt if ours will appear on the pages of Coop Beautiful anytime soon! (Even though we're also proud of our funky creativity)
Well, I guess now we need a smiley who's wiping the tears off his face from laughing, 'cause that's me right now!

Mine is called Fort Chickenwood. Cause i built it to withstand the attacks of the racoons and other visitors. and me and the rooster do our patrols of the coop each morning doing inspections for imrovments.

My avatar is a sign I bought at a flea market and I hung it on our coop. I was trying to find some stencils of chickens but could not. So when I found the sign that is where I put it on the coop.

wendy

Wendy
I bought my sign at a flea market too. Mine was painted by a man who builds cool bird houses.
The sign is painted to look distressed and says"EGGS 5 cents a dozen". My dh says I need to change it to read $5.00 a dozen.(Wishful thinking)

My main coop was called The Red Rooster Inn, but that will shortly be changed, because I got rid of the red roos, so it will now be Mother Clucker's Goodtime Tavern. The lower coop is called Fowlty Towers Chicken Condos.

I have yet to make the new signage. Maybe this week, I'm going to Lowes tomorrow, I'll pick up the wood I need for them.

Peace -
Meriah

Last edited by a moderator:
I still don't have signs on mine, but the original coop--an old shed we repurposed that is covered in mismatched chunks of wavy steel siding--is referred to as the chicken shack, while the new building we're working on to house the banties and other babies is being referred to as the chicken condo because we'll be able to split it into three, possibly four separate areas for brooding younguns, and breeding my silkies and cochins.

I already have plans for a couple of A-frame coops made with one sheet of plywood for each wall and floor for various breeds/mixes come spring, but we'll have to wait and see what hatches out of my incubator between now and then.

My main coop was called The Red Rooster Inn, but that will shortly be changed, because I got rid of the red roos, so it will now be Mother Clucker's Goodtime Tavern. The lower coop is called Fowlty Towers Chicken Condos.

I have yet to make the new signage. Maybe this week, I'm going to Lowes tomorrow, I'll pick up the wood I need for them.
lau.gif
OMG!!

Back
Top Bottom