Silkie chick? UPDATED *Pics added*

What would be even better is an EEXFav mix....That would be an interesting egg being that fav.s eggs are only tinted so you could still get the blue/green. EEs=bearded/muffs clean legs, Favs =bearded/muffs, five toes feather legs...It could happen.

I guess with being a mix, it could make babies of the wildest variety depending on what its mixed with!

Whats the odds that the wing problem is genetic? Or do you suppose its just a freak accident during or after hatching?

I would say freak accident(or nuclear plant nearby...j/k)...There is a farmer in our county that had a cow with two heads, only time it happened out of his herd. My niece had an extra pinky toe when she was born(removed). Probably just meant to be.

I'm curious to see how the side with the weird wing feathers out. Its got a few new feathers growing on it now, but I can only imagine they will stick straight out of the side. I think I am going to have 1 interesting chicken!

I still think it was a dollar well spent!

The color looks so much like my Lakenvelders did as babies (except the leg color and the extra toe). Their wings started feathering out black and white like that, too and they ended up looking like this

066_-_Copy.JPG

Beautiful chicken! I can only hope Nemo ends up that pretty.

Its so hard to tell what color the body feathers will end up like. Doesnt yellow usually end up white?

I have 4 Silkies that I have some lower perches for. Hopefully as all the chicks grow, Nemo will have one of them be a close friend to hang out with so s/he doesnt get left on a lower perch alone.

Back
Top Bottom