Silkie chick with limp

Ahh, ok. Well, Silkies are supposed to have 5 toes, so when you mentioned an "extra toe" I just assumed she had more than 5, especially since one is fused and she's cross-beaked as well.
Sometimes birds have more than 1 defect :)

I'm glad that her crop is feeling nice and full, but you still want to make sure it's emptying completely overnight. A crop should not be full after a night's sleep.
Haha sorry if I made it seem like she had more toes than she needs 😅. I'll check her crop in the morning to be sure.

This could be helpful information, is there a possibility this could be scaly leg mites? Did this issue pop up before the lice infestation?
No, I don't think she has scaly leg mites. This was also our first dealing with lice. I was busy trying to keep the mites off her, her sister, and their mom, since our adult birds had them this summer, when the lice just kind of popped up out of nowhere. I'll also check her scales again tomorrow just be sure.

I think she was always a bit wobbly before she got lice, then we took her to the vet the first time to get her beak looked at, and afterwards it looked like maybe she got a bit more wobbly, so I was worried that maybe she had slipped in the cage. Then we took her to the vet again this week to get her beak trimmed and now she's limping. She had to be there for a good several hours because we were all pretty busy that day and had to drop her off, so maybe she slipped again even with the shavings in her cage.

1637540887273.jpg
1637540879775.jpg
1637540862082.jpg

Back
Top Bottom