Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
We are considering letting 3 of our White Silkie roo x Partridge EE cross chicks go. They were all hatched from mint green eggs and have black flesh under those feathers. If anyone is interested in them make an offer. :) Otherwise we'll raise them up for meat.

We think they are all 3 pullets. Their feathers were just coming in at photo time - they all have the same head feather crest now. We have their full siblings from last year who are all hens and have the same head feathers as these chicks, so there ya go.

Hens from last year, at 4mo or so (so you can see the adult plumage) -

We are considering letting 3 of our White Silkie roo x Partridge EE cross chicks go. They were all hatched from mint green eggs and have black flesh under those feathers. If anyone is interested in them make an offer. :) Otherwise we'll raise them up for meat. We think they are all 3 pullets. Their feathers were just coming in at photo time - they all have the same head feather crest now. We have their full siblings from last year who are all hens and have the same head feathers as these chicks, so there ya go. Hens from last year, at 4mo or so (so you can see the adult plumage) -
where are you located?

My blue silkie+chocolate bantam Orp eggs have veining! I wonder though. She is BBS not Self Blue. I am not sure if that makes a difference as far as the caramel dun color the chicks should be? Anybody know?

yeah I would say #1 chick would be smooth sizzle. but I'm not sure about the last one.

3 weeks old. chick #1

After hatching out this beauty, and seeing yours. I am very interested in breeding for smooth silkies.

Does anyone breed for them? If so, advice, suggestions, tips...would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

3 weeks old. chick #1

After hatching out this beauty, and seeing yours. I am very interested in breeding for smooth silkies.

Does anyone breed for them? If so, advice, suggestions, tips...would be greatly appreciated!

I just breed for fun, but I always just breed back to my best silkies. when doing that your offspring will come out 50% silkied 50% smooth.

I want to
i see all of these pictures of pretty silky crosses and then the cross i tried turned out ugly:sick  i crossed a campine roo with a silkie hen and got it the hen was buff and so that passed along but then it went down from there he has a buff colored body and a light blue-grey tail with the classic silkie skin and a gaint single comb that flops over one eye and talk about lanky he has to be more thin built than my fayoumi hen :lau  if anyone wants to see him let me know and i'll take a pic of him (although im afraid he might break my camera lense)
I want to see!! :)

Our little 3 week old silkie x ??. The poppa was a black silkie, momma was either a white/black silkie, white Cochin or polish. I could have sworn this baby was in a silkie egg...but clearly she's not feathering in like a silkie. :)

Back
Top Bottom