Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
This pair are a cross between a White Silkie rooster (who was the result of a Partridge Silkie Rooster and a White Silkie Hen) and a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Hen. I think this rooster turned out to be stunning. I love his coloring so much. I wanted to add, that this cross produced sex-link. . .the male has yellow skin and the female black skin (I didn't know this until nicalandia told me)
What colors are they? The roo kinda looks blue partridge and the girl looks like black laced. I can't really tell from the pic

This pair are a cross between a White Silkie rooster (who was the result of a Partridge Silkie Rooster and a White Silkie Hen) and a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Hen. I think this rooster turned out to be stunning. I love his coloring so much. I wanted to add, that this cross produced sex-link. . .the male has yellow skin and the female black skin (I didn't know this until nicalandia told me)

WOW you won the genetic lottery !
and they are skin sex links - i learn something new every day.

WONDERFUL.

robert braun [email protected]

My first silkie cross hatched last night. Blue silkie roo to a sexlink hen. Looks like we have a girl! Dark skin and blue feathers.

Was curious on how you silkie cross chicks turned out.
Just hatched out 6 chicks, 4 were born 3 weeks ago, 2 have 5 toes, 2 have 4 toes. 2 have black legs (1 is 4 toed & 1 is 5 toed)
One hatched yesterday (pictured), one hatched today. Dad is a black silkie, Mom could be a Buff Orp. (the only yellow hens I have.)

Was curious on how you silkie cross chicks turned out.
Just hatched out 6 chicks, 4 were born 3 weeks ago, 2 have 5 toes, 2 have 4 toes. 2 have black legs (1 is 4 toed & 1 is 5 toed)
One hatched yesterday (pictured), one hatched today. Dad is a black silkie, Mom could be a Buff Orp. (the only yellow hens I have.)

Adorable

You would not believe how noisy this little chick is. It kept stepping on it's new sibling, who hatched this afternoon, so I put it in with the 3 week old chicks. They try to lay down to rest, and this little one is trying to nudge under them, or is just peeping like crazy. I have the heat lamp on, tried wrapping it to give it that cozy feeling, but it is just bopping all over the place, like it is in hyper mode. lol
They are not bothering it, just the other way around, am surprised one of the older chicks has not bopped it one. lol

Back
Top Bottom