Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
I'm considering it! I hesitate because I have several different breeding projects - I don't mind hatching out the cross chicks, but, I'm not sure about keeping a pullet to see what color it would lay, simply because it'll be one more hen when I'm already plan to keep back several. (I am limited to 25 adults.) If I had people interested in the chicks to raise themselves, it'd be easier.

I also want to show off a couple of my winter hatch Silkie cross pullets. (At least, I think they are girls!) They are 4 weeks old now, almost fully feathered.

My White Silkie x Buff Oprington chick -

(This little girl's color is a mystery - check out the other post for more photos and details - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/841043/is-this-silver-mealy-gray-ish#post_12609768 )

And my Blue... Partridge? pullet, White Silkie x Partridge EE

This little gal will have a dark moorcap, like her sibs from now and the previous hatch. Aside from the one above, all the chicks from this roo have had dark heads, no matter the color.
she kinda looks like a very poorly laced penciled bird?!
here this is a pic of one of my old hens she reminds me of :)

Your girl has penciling on her back and neck and darker feathers on her head. Mine has markings *only* on wings and tail.

yeah, I was just saying that might be what she is just less markings :) but then again what do I know.
idunno.gif

I just tried a red frizzle with partridge silkie.

The first one I thought I had gotten out of my all silkie pen. But not so sure now. What do you think of the two?

One has yellow skin, the other gray.

#1 Guessing smooth Silkie?
2 Days old
1 week old

#2 I think this little one will look like a frizzle
2 Days old
1 Week old

I just tried a red frizzle with partridge silkie.

The first one I thought I had gotten out of my all silkie pen. But not so sure now. What do you think of the two?

One has yellow skin, the other gray.

#1 Guessing smooth Silkie?
2 Days old
1 week old

#2 I think this little one will look like a frizzle
2 Days old
1 Week old
yeah I would say #1 chick would be smooth sizzle. but I'm not sure about the last one.

i see all of these pictures of pretty silky crosses and then the cross i tried turned out ugly
sickbyc.gif
i crossed a campine roo with a silkie hen and got it the hen was buff and so that passed along but then it went down from there he has a buff colored body and a light blue-grey tail with the classic silkie skin and a gaint single comb that flops over one eye and talk about lanky he has to be more thin built than my fayoumi hen
lau.gif
if anyone wants to see him let me know and i'll take a pic of him (although im afraid he might break my camera lense)

Back
Top Bottom