Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
I hatched about 32 Silkie x Cochin babies this winter (along with Delaware x Cochin and d'Uccle x Cochins). I have 22 Silkie mixes left, and I can clearly tell a lot of them are roosters. Some have some really pretty feathers coming in, too.

The Silkies actually hatched one of the Silkie mixes and four other babies themselves. And that red "coop" in the second pic is for the rabbit, not the chickens. And that is my cat in the background of the last pic. He's afraid to go near the chickens because he knows he'll get in trouble if he messes with them.

I hatched about 32 Silkie x Cochin babies this winter (along with Delaware x Cochin and d'Uccle x Cochins). I have 22 Silkie mixes left, and I can clearly tell a lot of them are roosters. Some have some really pretty feathers coming in, too. The Silkies actually hatched one of the Silkie mixes and four other babies themselves. And that red "coop" in the second pic is for the rabbit, not the chickens. And that is my cat in the background of the last pic. He's afraid to go near the chickens because he knows he'll get in trouble if he messes with them.
Those feathers are so beautiful!! How old are your little guys?

Age is just a general guess as I did a continuous hatch. They hatched between November 28th and December 30th. The five babies my Silkies hatched were a couple days later.

This is ' momma ' my little wylkie.

Last edited:
I have a couple silkie hens in with my cochin bantams.
Currently hatching eggs and so far I have a cochin x silkie and a chocolate bantam orphington x silkie. And that baby is chocolate colored too.
Not trying for the crosses, just have them till I get a silkie roo. :)
However I am curious how the chocolate will turn out.

New to silkie genetics, but I would like to know, what I'll get from a Ameracuana(most likely is a EE) roo x white silkie hen? Colors don't matter to me, but skin color, like will they all be dark skin (both M/F) or only male is dark skin and female light skin?

New to silkie genetics, but I would like to know, what I'll get from a Ameracuana(most likely is a EE) roo x white silkie hen? Colors don't matter to me, but skin color, like will they all be dark skin (both M/F) or only male is dark skin and female light skin?
The chicks would be light-skinned. It passes best through the roos.

Thanks, but no chance of split number of chicks of having or at least some either M/F be a dark skin from a normal roo x silkie hen?
You'll likely get regular light skin, and a sort of light grayish skin. But you won't get any dark skin chicks out of a normal roo.

Back
Top Bottom