Silkie feather damage - depluming mites? - need guidance

Repeat in 10 days.

Feather regrow it dependent on the hen and how the feathers are lost. If molted, then you should see it fairly quickly. If from being broody and they are still broody, may take a while unless you break the broodiness, then hormones should calm down and they start to feather in...still will be a while.
Broken feathers won't be replaced usually until a full molt.
Basically...it's a wait and see type of thing.
Thank you for all the information! I really appreciate it. 🙂

Will add any updates as things progress.

One week update.
20220511_103515.jpg

As you can see my buff has a nice amount of pin feathers coming in already! This is her wing.

20220511_103551.jpg

And here is her back. She had the most volume missing. And everytime I put them out she was shedding the white under feathers- just like a molt. Today that has stopped. So I think we are making progress!

I don't see any pin feathers on the sizzle yet. 🙁 Second dose of ivermectin is due on Friday.

I did add a sprinkle of sunflower kernels every other day as a treat and for some added oils.

20220526_094209.jpg

I forgot to get a pic on Wednesday. (Last week of school for the kids) My buff continues to look better each day!

I FINALLY see a few random pin feathers on the sizzle so hopefully I'll begin seeing some progress on her.

Back
Top Bottom