Silkie Feathered Ameraucanas adventure

Quote:
LOL i woulda stuffed him in my bra
I have a broody, and I let her have five eggs of her own. She is happy out there with them. they are crosses too.

Quote:
LOL i woulda stuffed him in my bra
I have a broody, and I let her have five eggs of her own. She is happy out there with them. they are crosses too.

LOL I would have too! Every once in awhile something sad happens and I know it is a life or death situation, like when my dog decided to chew on one of my Silkies. I had no idea when it happened but I knew it was the dog. I found my little buff silkie outside on the ground about as close to death as you can get. Totally limp except for a tiny movement of her mouth.
Under the shirt she went. Poop, dirt...who cares when that is going on.
I took her in and I bathed her and blew her dry. She came around some so I put her in a nice big rubbermaid tote and into the spare room. Propped her head up so she didn't choke. Then I closed the lid and left. I checked her the next day and she was sitting up but not moving. (course it was dark in there too)
The second day I picked her up and guess what? She was just fine. She is good as new (and the dog is not allowed to run with them anymore)
I tried the same with a little buckeye, but I lost him. All we can do is try.

Quote:
smile.png

Well that and lots of
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
of course.

Quote:
If I tried something like that....right then and there, the poor thing would've died! Nothing in the bra (if I had a bra!
roll.png
) to keep it warm! S/he would've died of frostbite! Think president of the IBTC!
wink.png
gig.gif

So where is Donna with a report? Doesn't that woman know we're all waiting on pins and needles???
rant.gif
barnie.gif
Gaaah!!! Inquiring minds NEED to know!!!

Hey Germaine! How's that little one doing now? Any progress?
fl.gif

Ahhhh it is over. And there are 4 baby chicks in the incubator resting up. They were stuck from me taking them away from the broody.

But they are here. Only a tiny bit of yolk sack was on each one and the first one has already had it cut and is walking around (slowly)

It is the smallest of the four and the first one--the broody had kicked it out of the box early this morning and only by chance did I see it.

The other three are big and could barely move in there. They were so happy when I managed to get their heads out. You could literally hear them sigh.

I have the lower half of the shell on them but they are trying to get it off. I wanted the sack to draw up completely but they aren't co-operating with that.

I want to thank all of you for your help, support, humor and for being there for me. I am so glad to have friends such as you.

That's what we're here for sweetie! To help each other over the rough spots. Glad to hear the little evicted chick is doing well, along with the others!
hugs.gif
Now, go get some sleep and let us know how they're doing in the morning. It's been a long day for you. You've certainly earned a good nights rest now!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom