Silkie Missing LOTS of skin AND sour crop help please? *cw Graphic photo of wound*

Wow! It's amazing what you have reached for and with CeCe! That wound was so huge, and with your awesome care it healed! You did such an incredible great job - well done :thumbsup
I am bookmarking this thread, too!
Thank you for documenting everything over such a timespan :goodpost:

When did the owner fetch CeCe? How is (s)he doing in the meanwhile?

Okay so Cece is still here it off sight it really out of mind as my friend is busy.

The reopen part of the wound took almost no time to heal over. There is still that patch of granulation tissue that's being stubborn but I also wonder since I've had Cece outside basically morning to sundown each day and it hasn't been the warmest if Cece 's body decided feather growth needed to take priority because holy feathers filling in! Cece is finally in the habit of hanging out with my flock and following them around so he remembers he's chicken now. I'm still trying to get the feathers to cover that granulation tissue patch more before I remind my friend that their partner was in theory coming asap to get him. He's still peeping no crowing and animal control normally inspects my coop in the morning or calls before they come so he can stay inside so I'm not in trouble being above city limit with him here now. He's such a sweety so hopefully when he does go home he thrives.

Photo 1 look at that cute boy
Photo 2. Stubborn granulation tissue
Photo 3 but look at all this feathers coming in on his other side
20210512_185944_HDR.jpg
20210512_190015.jpg
20210512_190042.jpg

Thank you for your update on Cece!
The healed and still healing areas look awesome! Wow and all the feathers starting to grow in - that's impressive!
:thumbsup

I think the longer he can stay with you the better. When the feathers will have grown no one will be able to see the different colored area of skin and peck at it.

Yeah he is super cute and beautiful 🥰

I hope, too that when he has to go home everything goes well and he thrieves and will be a happy rooster ❤️

Back
Top Bottom