Silkie mix to silkie

LiizardWiitch

Chirping
Aug 15, 2022
Someone who knows genetics better than me lol....I have a Barbu de Watermeal x Silkie mix rooster and I got myself a few pure silkies from another source to be with him. My question is if I breed them what's the likelihood of the chicks coming out looking fully silkie?
He did get the extra toes and Feathered feet genetics and the splash pattern from his silkie mom so he's pretty silkie. Blue earlobes and black silkie comb as well so I'd like to think I'd have a decent chance even if they aren't pure silkie. Thoughts?

The chicks wouldn’t be pure silkie, but half of them would have silkied feathers. They would have a mix of the other traits, too, though not many of them would have all the silkie traits together. Do you have pictures of the mixed rooster?
Yeah I don't care too much if they are pure silkie more so going for the look of the silkie but I figured most would probably turn out looking like him since he is pretty much 50/50 of each breed he is mixed with. He does have all normal feathering though not the "frizzled" look

Attachments

• 20221001_070945.jpg
    20221001_070945.jpg
    412.2 KB · Views: 9
Yeah I don't care too much if they are pure silkie more so going for the look of the silkie but I figured most would probably turn out looking like him since he is pretty much 50/50 of each breed he is mixed with. He does have all normal feathering though not the "frizzled" look
He is so beautiful. I just hatched out a silky mix and it looks it might have this coloring going on.

I just hatched a baby today that is painted like this ! From one of my silky mixes with a silky! I’m so excited mine has four toes and white feet tho quite strange we will see as it h gets older what happens here

He wouldn't be frizzled period. Neither of the parents were frizzled

Back
Top Bottom