Silkie not coming down?

ChickenGirl3

Songster
9 Years
Nov 27, 2010
Hi everyone,
I got a new silkie after ThanksGiving and after I introduced her to my 2 other hen she stays in the coop all day and never go's down. I have a catawba coop and she won't go down and eat some grass and bugs. I'm scared of her starving so I put some food in the coop and I let her out of the coop sometimes. Should I just leave her alone for a couple of weeks?

Sincerely,
ChickenGirl3

silkies can have a hard time seeing where they are going. I have one that I have to lift in to and out of the coop the others figured it out just make sure she has access to food and water

I had more chickens before and they were Australorps and when I got them I let the bridge down and didn't put It up, they finally went up, should I do that with my silkie or should I put her down the bridge and up the bridge every night? My Dominique pecks her sometimes and she Is scared of the Dominique.

Thanks

I would baby your silkie and place her where you want her to be. Don't let her get bullied- silkies have a soft spot on the top of their heads like a baby.

Establishing the pecking order is normal- and some pecking. But not bullying (as in won't let a chicken eat or drink, etc.).

Thank you for all the information this is my first silkie! She moves her head back and forth like she's dancing! It's hilarious
gig.gif

Last edited:
YAY!
ya.gif
My silkie,Purkie, went up the coop bridge all by herself!!!
wee.gif

Thank you for all of your help!

woot.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom