Silkie Porcelain Isabelle breeding question Gurus needed :)

AHappychick

Wanna-be Farmer
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
westchester
ok so Porcelain Isabelle roo with:

PI pullet = PI chicks
Lav Pullet = lav chicks
Buff pullet =??
Buff/lav split pullet= ???

Other than lavenders and PI I cant figure out what to put in this pen
smile.png
I have lots of other colors so any suggestions are welcome
smile.png

I am having a hard time with the calculator and figuring out how to decide what buff etc.. can anyone simplify my 2 ? for me

Quote:
Lavender is recessive, so to have a lavender or porcelain isabel the bird must carry two copies of lav.

Assuming that there are no unknown copies of lav in the bird, pairing a lavender to a buff is the same as breeding a black to a buff, except that all the offspring will be split for lav. If the lavender is also blue or splash, change my statement about breeding a black to breeding a blue or splash.

Change the lavender above to an isabel porcelain and it is like breeding a buff to a buff, except that all the offspring will be split for lav.

If the buff is split for lav, then half the offspring should be isabel porcelain and the other half buff split for lav.

The amount of black feathering in the buff and lavender feathering in the porcelain will determine the amount of lavender feathering in the offspring. Or to say it more concisely, lav dilutes black in the feathers to lavender and buff to isabel.

so really it is better to put the buffs with the lavender roo and then the splits that are pullets with the PI roo?

so this is how I was thinking my pens could go:

PI roo with PI hen and 2 lav hens = lav and pi only

Lav roo with 2 buffs, i lav hen, black hen blk sg = lavs, and various lav splits

Sonoran already gave you good advice, so here's some pics of some of my porcelain babies I hatched a few months ago:
5 week old:
birds09020.jpg

4 week old:
birds09026.jpg

Back
Top Bottom