Silkie saga

Any chance this little one could be a pullet? It is 8 weeks. The other two have definite wattles, I thought this one was probably a cockerel, but I'm not seeing wattles like the others yet. I would love to have 2 pullets!!!

I found someone 2 hours away on CL who says they are breeding Silkies to the SOP and have hatching eggs, maybe next year!!!

Attachments

• 20230617_182150.jpg
    20230617_182150.jpg
    690.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230617_182204.jpg
    20230617_182204.jpg
    647.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230617_182207.jpg
    20230617_182207.jpg
    630.6 KB · Views: 6
I'm not sure what your animals are planning but it looks like you busted your dog teaching them to throw spears. The dog looks very guilty.

View attachment 3682695
That is adorable. I'm saving it. You make these pictures so cool.

That's Josie the border collie. She's about 8 now and always watches out for our chickens. They are actually up against the forest that starts right there but she and her sidekick the corgi run around in there all the time so keeps the riff raff away.

josie and marsha.jpg

That's her with Marsha and two others this morning. Marsha follows her around sometimes because she's usually lost. Now there's another picture where Marsha looks more mauve than splashed. Hmm! Maybe it's my camera as she looks so much more contrasty. I'll have to check as it's a new phone and maybe I got some filter thing on there that shouldn't be.

My photography skills are obviously not professional, I was trying to find the best lighting to show off the silkie's new tail and head fluffs. Can't say I was very successful, these little floofs are way cuter in person 😃
Not to worry, I can see the cuteness from here!!! :love

It's difficult to sex Silkies, sometimes you have to just wait and see who crows and who lays an egg. :D Super cuteness in your photos!! 💖
Ugh, I've heard, and am doing my best to just try not to care and just enjoy them for now. I have 5 SLWs right now too and I'm doing my best to not over analyze them too! I haven't had much time with them lately so I'm getting caught up on hanging out with them today, and taking pictures, so many pictures!

Ugh, I've heard, and am doing my best to just try not to care and just enjoy them for now. I have 5 SLWs right now too and I'm doing my best to not over analyze them too! I haven't had much time with them lately so I'm getting caught up on hanging out with them today, and taking pictures, so many pictures!
It's easy to get obsessed with things, definitely enjoy them exactly as they are. Nothing more relaxing and enjoyable than sitting with your birds on a nice day! 🌞🐔🐓

It's easy to get obsessed with things, definitely enjoy them exactly as they are. Nothing more relaxing and enjoyable than sitting with your birds on a nice day! 🌞🐔🐓
Sitting with chickens is definitely restorative. I was starting to get way overloaded and stressed at work, then I got chicks and all my problems had to take a backseat 🤣 nothing at work has changed but the distraction of chirping cuteness with all their silly antics is darn near a life saver.

Sitting with chickens is definitely restorative. I was starting to get way overloaded and stressed at work, then I got chicks and all my problems had to take a backseat 🤣 nothing at work has changed but the distraction of chirping cuteness with all their silly antics is darn near a life saver.
Monotonous drudgery of work can drain your soul. :lol: But chicks can definitely refill your joy for life tank! :)

They sure are pretty no matter the sex. :love

Looks good to me! I've learned that it doesn't have to look good as long as it does the job. :lol:
For sure! A functional anything is better than having nothing because you were afraid it wouldn't be perfect. I remind myself that even if my coop is ugly, my chickens still have a better life than many. I see some backyard flocks that just look so sad and not cared for around here. I've got some spoiled chickens 😁 even if they do get creative coops.

Actually, my expansion job on the prefab turned out pretty awesome, I even drew up plans for it and bought materials. Definitely not a $0 change though! The girls were very thorough building inspectors.

Attachments

• 20200825_103612.jpg
    20200825_103612.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10
  • 20200912_142516.jpg
    20200912_142516.jpg
    668.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20200912_150430.jpg
    20200912_150430.jpg
    769.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200926_100947.jpg
    20200926_100947.jpg