Silkie Sexing Project 2.0

Pics
Suspense Anticipation GIF

...and the results are in! all except RBf anyway, apparently I didn't get enough blood from them Click the spoiler haze to reveal the result!

RED GROUP
RBf
No result (need to resample )​
RWt
Female
RBk
Male
RBu
Female
RSp
Male
PINK GROUP
PBf
Male
PWt
Female
PBk
Female
PBu
Male
PSp
Male

ORANGE GROUP
OBf
Male
OWt
Male
OBk
Male
OBu
Male
OSp
Female

GREEN GROUP
GBf
Female
GWt
Female
GBk
Female
GBu
Female
GSp
Female

BLUE GROUP
BBf
Female
BWt
Female
BBk
Male
BBu
Female
BSp
Female

Last edited:
And here are the internet trophies and ribbons, as promised (feel free to download and do whatever with them)!

In the category highest accuracy achieved we have a tie for 3rd between @Krugerrand for their final round guesses and @HappyClucker7 for their 9th round guesses!!
3rdaccuracy.png
3rdaccuracy1.png

In 2nd place we a three way tie between @RoostersAreAwesome, for their round 8/9 scores, @EmmaRainboe for their final round score, and @Chickeria for their 9th round score.
2ndaccuracy.png
2ndaccuracy1.png
2ndaccuracy2.png

First Place goes to @LynnaePB, for their round 9 and 10 scores!
topaccuracy.png

For Best Overall Accuracy we have @Krugerrand with 61% average accuracy for all rounds.
3rdaccuracy2.png

2nd place goes to @charlotte-and-the-bees with a 67% average for all rounds.
2ndoverallaccuracy.png

1st place in overall accuracy goes to @LynnaePB, with an average accuracy of 77% for all 10 rounds!
topaverageaccuracy.png

I wanted to do at least one trophy, so here's to @LynnaePB for just rocking this guessing thing (you're gonna be my go-to Silkie sexpert from now on, lol)

BiS.png

Yes, yes, I know I'm a huge dork. ❤️ you guys!
Edited to switch 2nd and 3rd place accuracy winners. Sorry guys...I goofed.

Attachments

• 3rdaccuracy2.png
    3rdaccuracy2.png
    499.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I really appreciate each and every one of you for helping me with this project. It's gonna take me a while to get all the data organized in a valuable format, but your contribution was invaluable. I will be sure to link that when I get it done (probably gonna do an article).

@GingerAndHerChicks, your score for the final round was 58%, guessing 14 of 24 correctly. @MixedFlock23, you got 16 out of 24 right, for 67% accuracy.

Here was the break down for everyone else:

Guessor
1​
2​
3​
4​
5​
6​
7​
8​
9​
10​
Average
charlotte-and-the-bees
63%​
54%​
58%​
58%​
75%​
63%​
63%​
79%​
83%
75%​
67%​
Chickeria--
46%​
54%
42%​
50%​
50%​
54%​
67%​
75%​
55%​
EmmaRainboe
50%​
50%​
50%​
-
75%​
54%​
---
88%​
61%​
HappyClucker7----
71%​
67%​
75%​
71%​
83%​
-
73%​
JustAChickenLoverOverHere--
58%​
-
42%​
-----
50%​
Krugerrand
58%​
50%​
63%​
50%​
50%​
67%​
54%​
63%​
75%​
83%​
61%​
LynnaePB
71%​
71%​
58%​
71%​
79%​
79%​
75%​
83%​
92%​
92%​
77%​
RoostersAreAwesome--
46%​
-
54%​
71%​
75%​
88%​
88%​
71%​
70%​

ETA: I did an average that included all of the rounds for the ribbons/trophies, as the earlier rounds are harder since there is less to see. That brought the averages down to 46% for @Chickeria , 37% for @EmmaRainboe , 37% for @HappyClucker7, 10% for @JustAChickenLoverOverHere, and 49% for @RoostersAreAwesome . The average in the table are for the rounds that you submitted guesses for.

Edited again to update charlotte-and-the-bee's score.
Edited again to correct Chickeria's score.

Last edited:
😃YAY the results 🥳🎊🎉
Thank you TheAlrightyGina for letting me participate and thank you for the trophy😄 I love your design!

I loved seeing your cuties develop week after week, they are all so sweet ❤️
I admire your dedication for your awesome Silkie sexing project 👏
And I loved reading everyones guesses and comments - loved this thread 🥰

Omg - LynnaePB :bow:thumbsup
...now I will always tagg you when I come across a thread where someone desperately wants to know the sex from a Silkie baby 😁

Gina,

At the risk of losing my trophy ... I'm not getting (PCTG) the same averages you are (Listed). .... I'm not sure if it's in how your accounting for RBf ... or if there's something else going on.

I tried to make sure I copied these correctly, hopefully I did.

I was trying to see how I did by chick. I wanted to break down if I got each bird more or less right, as I was all over the map with them. Clearly, some birds were easier/harder than others.

Results.png

(the numbers under AvgByBird are the totals across for the 9-weeks)

I was so excited when I found this thread! Totally geeked out!! I was sad I missed posting week by week I'm gonna post our 2 silkie babies week by week for you silkie gurus!
I won’t say what my gut says yet because I’d love to know if you all think the same!
Mocha (partridge) and Mochi (gray? What’s the right color name?) are sisters who apparently have a frizzle gene we weren’t expecting. These pics are from day 1 and 2. I will reply with each week’s pics if you want to guess along or feel free to skip to the end to guess.
Also looking into DNA testing them!
986E45B2-CE01-4CF6-B36E-87D06F588ADF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom