Silkie Sexing Project 2.0

Pics
As usual

Green = male
Blue = female

9E553DCC-D7AE-41FB-842F-84FD8F42D753.jpeg

Wow! This is such a cool thread! I'm terrible at guessing genders this young, so will probably just follow, and pick up some young chick sexing skills for a a few chicks I have now.
I really like this idea, how cool!

Thanks! I'll be running it until the chicks are 9 weeks of age, at which point I'll probably take a week to wrap things up (though I'll probably reveal the sexes if the DNA test results are in by then and they dang well better be!) before I reveal the results of the project.

Thanks! I'll be running it until the chicks are 9 weeks of age, at which point I'll probably take a week to wrap things up (though I'll probably reveal the sexes if the DNA test results are in by then and they dang well better be!) before I reveal the results of the project.
Really neat! I'll definitly follow along. I contemplated posting pics of my bantam Silkie chicks that are a few days old, but I'm not sure if I want to know. Hahahahah!

I feel ya! Hoping for pullets?
Yes! Please, please, pease!
I can have one rooster, since I'm starting a separate flock, but one of the chicks in there I hatched out my self as an only chick, so I'm keeping her, (hopefully her) whatever gender she is. She's imprinted and I love her to death. I could never get rid of her. 💕
Its very unlikely the friends I got her are all girls, but, hopefully most are.
The rest of the family doesn't have any issues processing extra roosters, but I do haha!

Yes! Please, please, pease!
I can have one rooster, since I'm starting a separate flock, but one of the chicks in there I hatched out my self as an only chick, so I'm keeping her, (hopefully her) whatever gender she is. She's imprinted and I love her to death. I could never get rid of her. 💕
Its very unlikely the friends I got her are all girls, but, hopefully most are.
The rest of the family doesn't have any issues processing extra roosters, but I do haha!

Yeah, it can be difficult. The thing I tell myself when I end up having to do it because I can't find a home for one, is that at least I know I'll do it right, and waste as little as possible. I hate the idea of one of the birds I've raised up suffering because I let someone with less compassion and respect do the deed.

Back
Top Bottom