Silkie showing tomorrow 11/29/08, question

NCchickenlady

Songster
11 Years
May 4, 2008
raleigh
Ok I bathed her blow dried her and now she is finishing with her air drying.
She seems to have a lot of the wax stuff at the base of her feathers on her head. I did get some of it off but not all how important is this for showing?

She looks great to me, how do I know she looks good for her breed? NO IDEA WHAT I"M DOING HERE! LOL
th.gif

Do silkies just sort of lay there and look pretty? Cause she could careless about a worm n a stick or anything else on a stick!! She looks nicely feathered .....
Thanks again for any help!!

barnie.gif

She looks a bit wet. Try going through with a "slicker" brush and poofing her feathers as you blow dry. The slicker brush will also help to get some of that waxy stuff out of there. Did she recently come out of a molt?

Quote:
Yes, I did blow dry her but does it take forever for them to dry like a dog?? LOL I show dogs and usually go back and touch them up.

Cool!!
I'm buying some Cuckoo Marans from a guy who is a member and also working the snack bar!!! Small world!!!!!!
I emailed you......

You should brush out her crest and tail with a wire brush before the show when she is completely dry to get out the remainder of the "wax stuff". It could make the difference in which bird a judge chooses...

Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom