Silkie showing tomorrow 11/29/08, question

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by NCchickenlady, Nov 28, 2008.

1. NCchickenlady

NCchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    raleigh
    Ok I bathed her blow dried her and now she is finishing with her air drying.
    She seems to have a lot of the wax stuff at the base of her feathers on her head. I did get some of it off but not all how important is this for showing?

She looks great to me, how do I know she looks good for her breed? NO IDEA WHAT I"M DOING HERE! LOL [​IMG]

Do silkies just sort of lay there and look pretty? Cause she could careless about a worm n a stick or anything else on a stick!! She looks nicely feathered .....
    Thanks again for any help!!

[​IMG]

2. NCchickenlady

May 4, 2008
    raleigh
    ANYONE??? LOL

Here is picture of her so please silkie people let me know if she looks ready to show...
    THANK YOU!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    She looks a bit wet. Try going through with a "slicker" brush and poofing her feathers as you blow dry. The slicker brush will also help to get some of that waxy stuff out of there. Did she recently come out of a molt?

4. NCchickenlady

May 4, 2008
    raleigh
    Quote:Yes, I did blow dry her but does it take forever for them to dry like a dog?? LOL I show dogs and usually go back and touch them up.

5. THough1956

THough1956 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey,

What show are you going to. I bathed my Silkies yesterday also. I am going to the show in Winston Salem..

Tena

6. NCchickenlady

May 4, 2008
    raleigh
    ME TOO!!!!

[​IMG]

We will have to try and meet each other!! You can tell me what I'm doing all wrong, LOL LOL

7. THough1956

THough1956 Chillin' With My Peeps

This is my first show also. I just know they are pretty to me. I am taking 2 Partdridge Roosters and 1 hen. I will be helping at the snack bar, my club is putting this show on. Look for me!

8. NCchickenlady

May 4, 2008
    raleigh
    Cool!!
    I'm buying some Cuckoo Marans from a guy who is a member and also working the snack bar!!! Small world!!!!!!
    I emailed you......

9. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    You should brush out her crest and tail with a wire brush before the show when she is completely dry to get out the remainder of the "wax stuff". It could make the difference in which bird a judge chooses...

Good luck!!

10. NCchickenlady

May 4, 2008
    raleigh
    Thanks for the tip!

Now I just pm'd you... Does she look feathered well enough?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by