Silkie thread!

I bought two silkies at the weekend at an auction, they were being sold as black but I think they are a dark chocolate, is that a colour in silkies? I have a gold cockerel, what do you think I would get if I incubated some of their eggs?

Light blue youngster (yes blue not lavender)

Flashy red partridge boy

My fave Partridge pullet - Nutmeg - who is from Pennie Urban of Showboat Silkies

Jonah and most of his harem of ladies

And of course that big piece of eye candy Sherbert

Such awesome birds, Jessy!! That Nutmeg is awesome and of course you already know I love Sherbert! He is changing color all the time!

I bought two silkies at the weekend at an auction, they were being sold as black but I think they are a dark chocolate, is that a colour in silkies? I have a gold cockerel, what do you think I would get if I incubated some of their eggs?

Chocolate is not a recognized color but some people are trying to breed that color. Your black may be sun bleached. The cross will likely give you black chicks which may develop some gold leakage in the hackles.

See... I don't think Sherbert is really that color... There is NO WAY a chicken can look that AWESOME naturally. I think you dye him to make us all jealous of you. Yup. I refuse to believe otherwise. Nope. Not possible...

Good think I do not know where you are, Or I'd have to go and steal Sherbert and leave you with some cheesy knock off!

Your other silkies are very very lovely too. Especially your red partridge. WOW! Just WOW!

yuckyuck.gif

They won't let me into the buy/sell/trade area and they won't let me post pictures - keep getting this you don't have permission message. What's up with that??

When you are new it takes a while before the let you do everything. Just keep posting notes and trying to post pictures again. I think you need about 20 posts before you can post picutres or use the auction. Hope this helps!

See... I don't think Sherbert is really that color... There is NO WAY a chicken can look that AWESOME naturally. I think you dye him to make us all jealous of you. Yup. I refuse to believe otherwise. Nope. Not possible...

Good think I do not know where you are, Or I'd have to go and steal Sherbert and leave you with some cheesy knock off!

Your other silkies are very very lovely too. Especially your red partridge. WOW! Just WOW!

yuckyuck.gif

LMAO theres silkie peeps who have seen Sherbert for real ;) and seen him grow up so I have witnesses!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom