Silkie thread!

yuckyuck.gif

LMAO theres silkie peeps who have seen Sherbert for real ;) and seen him grow up so I have witnesses!!!!!!!
Yeah!!! She has witnesses!!!!
rant.gif
lau.gif

Sigrid van Dort suggests that leakage of the red pigment is quite common in white (dominant and recessive) Silkies. Sometimes the colour knock out feature of the white just isn't strong enough to knock out all the red. She describes it as a "buffish" colour. She says the feathers can appear randomly all over the body or be limited to the breast in hens and wing bow in roosters.
Barb, There is no red hue to it at all, not even Buffish, it is golden/yellowy. Only in the hackles on both the hen and roo. I tired to get some pics today, but the sun was not in my favor, nor were the birds with the now 10, little ones running around!

Eek my house is filled with little peeping :) got my big girl 2 show girls for her bday! They are super cute!!

Your an AWESOME MOM Jess :hugs :love :love :love

Aww thanks... Every since we left with the polish she was aww but mommy i want show girls .... So got lucky that angie (fowlrus) still had baby chicks... They are 1 week old and uber cute!!! Soo i aww with them.:D

Sigh..my Puffle...the "male" silkie...right???

is he/she going to get any bigger??? he's really small..how big do silkies get anyhow??

no red on the comb at ALL...about 4 monbths

[COLOR=800000]OH by the way thank you everyone for the nice comments on my birds - I love them to pieces and am pleased to hear others find them as beautiful as I do [/COLOR]

Sherbert is absolutely stunning. Please let us know when he starts
producing offspring. I'd like to be the first in line to buy chicks or eggs! ;)Tina

Back
Top Bottom