Silkie thread!

I think the bantam chickens are different from the pekin. I think she means pekin duck and not pekin chicken. The Orpington and Ancona are also confusing in this way. It's hard as heck to get good information the buff orpington ducks due to the BO chicken and its popularity!

Oh lost a bit in translation . In Australia we have pekin bantams too. I think they are bantam Cochin.

Shannon marie, I can email you a couple of phone numbers to people around here that are selling but not sure if they ship

This little red partridge has a lovely leaden blue beak

And this is my ' snow dog '

Quote:

I was told that Silkies were worse than Turkeys when it comes to death by stupid. I just wanted t make sure. Most animals between my husband and myself we can care for. Silkies though make me nervous.

We don't do medicated feeds. Had more issues with th birds we used medicated feeds with than the ones that never got the medicated feeds.

Quote:

Pekin Ducks. I need to remember that one. I often forget that other areas call breeds by different names. Would be so much easier if we could chat in pictures or come up with one common world wide name for a breed / type. Would limit most of the confusion.

We have ducks, chickens, bantams ( why does spell check always want to make that batman?) and soon turkeys in one big penned off area. It is to be expanded this summer so we can move all of our rabbits out into the yard. Rabbits will be in cages.

Do you all remember me posting my golden laced smooth sizzle on here?? well I believe one of her siblings is golden laced also, just with silkie feathers. what do you all think??

this picture is when she was younger for the comparison between the two.

Last edited:
Do you all remember me posting my golden laced smooth sizzle on here?? well I believe one of her siblings is golden laced also, just with silkie feathers. what do you all think??

this picture is when she was younger for the comparison between the two.

Oh my goodness I am drooling over your soft silkie! She is just gorgeous! She looks like a calico to me, which you dont see much. I would die to have one like her :) Are you considering selling her by chance or any like her? ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom