Silkie thread!

Anyone ever hatch a Silkie chick that looks like this?

I have a white rooster and a black rooster over a pen of blue, black, splash and white hens. I know the white rooster is blue base because he has a blue chest feather.
I have one like that one but its only a week old

Someone laid a fairy egg today. Not sure if it was Georgette or Stan (the gender-challenged Silkie cross) or a padiddle from Agatha (leghorn) or Minnie (Minorca).
I just wish mine would lay an egg! She is 7-8 months old now and nothing!

So I have 3 different batches of silkie eggs (first hatching next week) And only one broody and one incubator. I need to either take the chicks right away from the broody and hope she accepts & hatches the next batch for me, or I need to come up with an easy and cheap way to make a hatcher since these two batches in the bator are a week apart. Any ideas?

So I have 3 different batches of silkie eggs (first hatching next week) And only one broody and one incubator. I need to either take the chicks right away from the broody and hope she accepts & hatches the next batch for me, or I need to come up with an easy and cheap way to make a hatcher since these two batches in the bator are a week apart. Any ideas?
Hatcher? You mean the brooder?

Hatcher? You mean the brooder?
No, a hatcher. The part for lockdown since the eggs are in different stages and cant be kept together at lockdown when the humidity needs to be the highest. Im gonna try to hope my broody will hatch another batch after htching these but if she wont ill need an easy cheap hatcher.

Back
Top Bottom