Silkie thread!

LL

love.gif

Here is my grumpy faced one..not grumpy when you look at the eyes..very sweet eyes. That extra fluff comes off as a frown sometimes. lol

Finally did the photo shoot of my hatch. 14 out of 16 that went into lock down doing well. I can't help myself..have to get photos of my babies. They don't stay little for long.
wink.png

Looks like it's time to trim a little tush. Silkies, there are always a few that need it.

I call this last one..Butterball. :)

Finally did the photo shoot of my hatch. 14 out of 16 that went into lock down doing well. I can't help myself..have to get photos of my babies. They don't stay little for long. ;) Looks like it's time to trim a little tush. Silkies, there are always a few that need it. I call this last one..Butterball. :)
OH MY GOSH!!! LOOK AT THE CUTE FLUFFY BUTTS!
1f60d.png

I have a new room mate LOL. My favourite silkie rooster Owl is currently living in a dog crate in my room, where I can keep him warm and keep and eye on him. He has a bad ear infection right now. I was away for a couple days and when I left he was fine. I came back home and he still looked good. Today though he was lethargic, stood away from the others and made no noise or attempt to move when I picked him up. So I brought him inside and cleaned his ears, pulling as much of the infection out as I could. Since then he seems to be doing better. Still he will stay inside with me until he is all better to ensure the rest of the flock doesn't get it. So far he has no issues being inside and loves to listen to my country music. Now I only need to tell my hubby on Friday when he gets home that there is a rooster living in our bed room lol

what do you guys/gals do for your runs?

We currently have a 20x20ish non-roofed run. So rain/snow etc covers our silkies run.

I'm considering covering 1/3 of it so they have a 8x12 area of so next to the coop that is covered and the rest uncovered.

Just not loving the gunk that is sticking to my kiddo's feet.

Wind blows snow or rain around a lot so covering only part of the run will not keep it dry. The top as well as the wind wall should be shielded from any blowing winds. I have my coop under a patio roof and still have to cover the run area from blowing winds. My total run area is 4x8 for 3 birds and half the run floor is wet from blowing rain today. After the run's wire-walls dry tomorrow we're tarping the wind wall and roof of the run. Sucks because I hoped the roof would be all the protection needed but the darn wind blows too unexpectedly and at angles.

Back
Top Bottom