Silkie thread!

Just got 9 white silkies that were hatched last week of March. When will the roosters start crowing?? I also got 5 Japs at the same time and the roosters are already crowing. Do silkies start crowing when they get a little older??

Thanks.

Oh man, I just stuck everything I have under a broody gen cause I didn't want them to go to waste. If I get more I will let you know, and yes they would be partridge and there would be blues. When the eggs hatch I will be selling the chicks and I do ship if your interested.
Partridge and Blue are the two colors I don't have. I would love some if they become available. Thank you.

Brite Tap has a 50% off 4th of July sale on their nipple valve waterer jugs. I have 3 of these and love them for keeping the drinking water clean. Easy to clean, easy to transport, easy to hang in the coop, no algae buildup. I add electrolytes and vitamins on stressful weather days.
http://www.chickenwaterer.com/Brite...wsletter&utm_content=ComboPackPromo&utm_term=
DSCN7388.JPG
DSCN6932.JPG

Brite Tap has a 50% off 4th of July sale on their nipple valve waterer jugs. I have 3 of these and love them for keeping the drinking water clean. Easy to clean, easy to transport, easy to hang in the coop, no algae buildup. I add electrolytes and vitamins on stressful weather days.
http://www.chickenwaterer.com/Brite...wsletter&utm_content=ComboPackPromo&utm_term=
View attachment 1063102 View attachment 1063106

Looks nice, I do worry about freezing in the winter. The horizontal ones don't hold water inside and so it's not a risk. I do have issue with algae in my containers sometimes and have to add something for that too.

Can we play the sexing game?
White and black are 12 weeks old
Blue is 8 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_0610.JPG
    IMG_0610.JPG
    185.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0612.PNG
    IMG_0612.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0613.PNG
    IMG_0613.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0614.PNG
    IMG_0614.PNG
    3 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0615.PNG
    IMG_0615.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0617.JPG
    IMG_0617.JPG
    413.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0619.JPG
    IMG_0619.JPG
    335.1 KB · Views: 15
Hi everyone, new silkie mom. I have 2 a white and black. They are 2 weeks old today. Just wondering how much to handle them. I sit and talk to them several times a day and hold them for a few minutes at a time. I want to eventually take them to work with me so want them very tame. Can they go outside with supervision? They are going to be pets and live inside most of the time with a small coop for daytime.

Thanks for any advice

Back
Top Bottom