Silkie thread!

Hey i have a silkie contest up and it’s gotten to the point where I entriesare coming in. I think all of y’all silkie owners should enter or else I’ll have to end the contest early.

I’m also getting a Partridge Silkie soon!!!

Post a link for us! I'm on Mobile I can't see it if it's in your signature lol.

I'll be firing up my incubator again tonight and setting eggs tomorrow..... Silkies of course! One of my young black pullets started laying again a few days ago and has been giving them pretty steady. I've had my new roo, Teddy Bear, in with her for the past few weeks. I'm hoping for some adorable little fluffy, fuzz butts! Here's a picture of Teddy Bear :)

received_555866704829996.jpeg
received_761009800896951.jpeg

What is the best way to set up nesting boxes for silkies. I got my first egg last night, but it was on the floor, by the door. They don't seem to be interested in the nest.
IMG_20180805_151235.jpg IMG_20180805_151219.jpg
The bottom nests are about 18 inches off the floor. You can see the edge of the nest in 2nd pic, with distance off the floor. Any suggestions to improve them ?

My nest boxes are ground level. I also use gulf balls in the nest when the pullets were young to get them to use them. Usually the first few were just were ever in the coop then they figured it out.

Thank you he is paint. Lowering your nest boxes should help. I noticed my boys are a little more adventurous and hop up on low stumps but my girls never leave the ground.

Thank you he is paint. Lowering your nest boxes should help. I noticed my boys are a little more adventurous and hop up on low stumps but my girls never leave the ground.
Mine have a play house for a coop, I have the top perch about 12-18 inches from ceiling, and they will perch up there. Getting down is another story, they're funny trying to come down, even with ladder. I have two other perches at lower heights, (as seen in pics), but they go to the top. The roo and his 3 Silkie hens, lower perch is polish hen, black frizzle bantam, Silkie pullet (hope), then Bingo and Boca perch on nest perches. I also have my meat and egg flock, but that's another thread.:frow

Back
Top Bottom