Silkie thread!

barnie.gif
All these different colors are so confusing to me. And by the way, I'd love to take those porcelins off your hands. I have a nice big silkie pen with plenty of room.

Quote:
Sounds good.... it should be warming up and girls should be laying pretty good by then. Good luck at that next show...can't wait to see pics. I finally took the plunge and ordered a new camera.
cool.png

Lil frustrated here. I wrecked the whole batch of eggs that were due to hatch this week and next week (~16 dozen). I had a temperature surge up to 112 degrees one night and couldn't get it fully regulated til the next morning. Temps outside are dropping hardcore and my girls are really slowing down laying. All of the blacks are in a hardcore molt. Lost a few birds after the stress of the fall shows too... a splash hen, a buff hen, a porcelain pullet, and a black cockerel. I did order some young splash and blues from Vickie (Sunshine Silkies) to help my breeding pens in those colors.
Off to work,
Amy

I am so sorry to hear about your hatch Amy! My incubator's heating unit I guess decided to quit on me. The bator is a Hovabator Genesis and I hear the fan run, but the temperature stays at room temp. I even messed with the settings and it wont rise.

All my blues from you are very very dark and I find a hard time distinguishing them from my blacks. I love the lighter color of blue in silkies. Splash is probably my favorite color because of all the different variations. My boyfriend won some of eggs from Brody's Brodello and she got a quad (I think) of nonbearded whites from Kate Morreale (sp?). I am excited to see if they hatch!

Hey guys...picked up a "lavender" probable pullet today on my way to Thanksgiving dinner. I'll try to get pics with my phone sometime tomorrow. She seems so..laid back compared to my seramas. Hmmm...I can see the attraction.

I was going to pair her temporarily with my newly widowed serama roo, but, at least for tonight, he was having none of it. Either that or "she" is a "he". xD
I'll give it some time. My husband thinks the bird doesn't realize that a silkie really is a chicken.

Back
Top Bottom