Silkie thread!

QUESTION ~ What is your opinion of a 6 week old silkie having a large comb that has partially turned mulberry in spots and has wattles that color? Does that mean it's a roo or what?

Cindy

Hi, Silkie lovers! Can I ask you all a question about Silkie breeders?

Doe anyone know of any quality Silkie breeders around central/eastern Missouri or Illinois?

I'm interested in extra fluffy birds with sweet personalities. I live where chickens aren't exactly allowed, and I need to be able to pass them off as rabbits...
bun.gif
roll.png

If anyone knows of any breeders around central MO who have birds like this, I would appreciate it if you could give me their names. Thank you!

PS: I love this thread, so much good info and nice people! And adorable Silkies.
wee.gif

Last edited:
QUESTION ~ What is your opinion of a 6 week old silkie having a large comb that has partially turned mulberry in spots and has wattles that color? Does that mean it's a roo or what?

Cindy
My boys did that at 4 weeks. Yes, they were boys. This is one of mine at 4 weeks old

I have 3 Silkies. Annabell is my white chicken and she is 9 months old. She follows us all over the yard. She is also the peace keeper in her flock of 7. Patty is our Partridge. She is 3 months old and loves to be with Splash. Splash is our Splash and she is also 3 months old. She is the smallest of our 3 silkies. She is very quiet and still.

do the females have wattles at all?  or are they just teeny tiny?
yes, girls have wattles. You don't really notice them in the bearded silkies but non bearded silkie girls will have wattles. The will be a good size but the.males wattles are much bigger. I have both bearded and non bearded silkies and 2 of them are girls that have the wattles you can see the rest are covered with their beardsw.

Back
Top Bottom