Silkie with wry neck, again. Now, aspiration pneumonia?

Cawpeaches: I am sorry for your loss, I know it is hard to lose that special chicken. :hugs :( It has happened to a lot of us. I have had chickens and ducks who do the same thing after the loss of a close buddy as your girl did. They go into a little depression sometimes, with company they will get better in a bit of time. Sometimes we can help our pet and sometimes they are too far gone. You did all you could and tried hard. I try to think of it as if you tried to help and you gave them/they had a good life and were happy then you can't blame yourself or feel bad that you didn't do anything.

Sorry for your loss also but I'll say it here and everywhere else I can on here....too many people are "KILLING" their "PET" chickens with "whatever they read on these forums" to do.  Please have common sense people and let this be a lesson...they have the brain about the size of a pea (you tube mike the headless chicken), they dont "bond" to humans unless someone horribly imprinted them as chicks, they can seem friendy sure, but really its all about getting food, but they dont like to cuddle nor will they make an emotional connection with a human like a dog or cat, and sometimes the kindest thing to do, if you dont want to cull which I understand, is make them comfortable where they belong...outside if possible, and let nature take it's course without forcing them to take medicince....just like when we know what is best-we dont want lobster when we are having the stomach flu, when they dont want to eat or drink, they are telling you loud and clear what they need.
Medications and vits are best put in chicken waterers, injected or nasally inhaled-not forced fed.

Now, ChipNEggBaby: Do you have a dog or cat? Do you take them to the vet?
Do you know an avian vet?
Well some people don't know avian vets nor have the money to take them. This blog is to HELP people. Yes, things happen and go wrong. But many times things go very right and lives are saved.
By taking dogs or cats to the vet and giving medication when sick, that's forcing unnatural medication too. you are saying it's okay to do this with a dog or cat but not a chicken or bird??
And ummm no, I have cuddly critters that I did not horribly imprint on when they were young, who enjoy company..... do you even have chickens..... because if you did you would see that they do have emotions and feelings regardless of the size of their brain.
Cats and dogs are also taught when they are young to be friendly, loving and cuddly with humans. And same as chickens even if not taught or imprinted on when young, they can become friendly and loving with time.....
I respect your opinion. I do believe people do use info wrong sometimes. But saying this after he just lost a pet that was special was not the time nor place.
You're insinuating that he ""KILLED"" his ""PET"". Way to make him feel like sh*t after he just lost his pet.
I'm sorry for posting this. I don't do posts like this. But this really offended me and was in my mind inappropriate. If you wanna say it, go to another forum where it is rambling or not about helping pets. Or more importantly, have and use some common sense and use a lesson you should have been taught as a child, if you don't have anything nice to say, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!!
and what anybody does to help their pets as they see fit is not for you to decide.

Last edited:
I'm sorry that Seth passed away and I understand that it is sad to see Lil'Bessie at a loss. I hope she adjusts to the coop soon.

Although ChirpNEggBaby is certainly entitled to his or her own opinion, I question the sensitivity of such a reply in this thread.
I agree with you scratch'n'peck... I didn't even read your last comment until posting the above message though. I wasn't as nice as you with my comment, I'm glad you thought so too. someone had to say it.

Back
Top Bottom