Silkie x mystery bird

Brooke02

In the Brooder
Mar 3, 2018
Hello I was given chick at around 2 days old and told it’s a silkie cross. I am unsure of what though. I’ve waited until he matured and still don’t have any idea the lady who gave him to me had so many breeds and is unsure as well. He’s free run right now because my birds have started laying and I don’t want him to have him in the mix. Any ideas?
6C47F91D-03D1-4595-9D1D-BF5E0F9A689E.jpeg
E30DD4BB-053E-45E1-AE79-693BB17A22E6.jpeg
397F6338-857E-4718-9E8A-B9E68784202D.jpeg
I own silkie and polish birds and can definitely say he’s silkie but I feel like he also looks like my golden laced polish rooster, only because of the feathers on his chest. However I do not cross breed so I could be wrong.

He has a super white earlobe, so he is probably crossed with a white earlobes bird. Possibly Welsummers?
Definitely not crossed with a Welsummer. Welsummers have red earlobes. My bet is on Brown Leghorn. Both Silkies and Leghorns are known to have blue in their earlobes, and Leghorns have white earlobes.
His coloring and pattering is almost exactly like that of a brown Leghorn rooster.

Definitely not crossed with a Welsummer. Welsummers have red earlobes. My bet is on Brown Leghorn. Both Silkies and Leghorns are known to have blue in their earlobes, and Leghorns have white earlobes.
His coloring and pattering is almost exactly like that of a brown Leghorn rooster.
Thanks for the guess I will take a look:)

Back
Top Bottom