Silkies and Start & Grow

I kept my Silkie pullet on start-n-grow until she was laying, but that's just what I did. Don't know whether it was right or not, but she seems to be doing fine and dandy anyways!
smile.png

What brand of feed are you using? I use Dumor and I follow the directions on the back of the bag. Mine are the same age as yours and I have been using Grower/Finisher for about... maybe a month at least? We're on our third bag of Grower/Finisher. But isn't the Dumor brand Starter/Grower too? I think so... I would switch feeds, but that's my opinion and i'm not the most experienced either. But since yours is medicated I guess that's a different story...

Quote:
I use the Purina also. Does it recommend what age to feed the start-n-grow to on the back of the bag? If you're concerned, then I would go with that.

Last edited:
Bag says to feed them start/grow till they start to lay, if you have a mixed flock I would switch them all at the same time, when the earliest layers start to lay.

I keep all my chicks on Starter Grower till they lay. LF and bantam silkies. It has worked for me well. I really like to keep the large fowl on it cause they are usally still growing past 20 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom