Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 787 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
I'm not sure if I'm posting this correctly on the silkies specific page, so forgive me if I've posted incorrectly.

Would someone be able to help me with this gorgeous guys color? I'm getting conflicting answers and I'm just not sure. Blue, grey or splash?
Wow he’s gorgeous! 😍
He looks most like gray to me or silver partridge.
He could also be a mix color in that case will be difficult to give him a definitive color name! Hopefully others will chime in with their opinions.😊

So sorry!😢
Do you have predators that can get to them? Anyway she could be hiding out somewhere?
I have never had a predator attack or lost any before. If they had a mother hen she probably would have warned them of any danger. ..Not sure what could have got him.. or if he got lost, but then they always cheep loudly till they are together again. ..Maybe a large bird took him, hawk possibly. But they are under trees so not sure how.
:(

I'm so sorry Chickie is missing:(
Could he be stuck somewhere? I read about a hen who went missing and some days later was found stuck in a wood pile. Did you look very intensly everywhere onto the ground where they freerange for little feathers laying close together in one spot? Did your other baby act different/scared (as if she had witnessed something) when you found her alone?
I hope Chickie is hiding somewhere...fingers crossed :hugs
I have looked. They always cheep loud when they are apart and I only heard the one thats left cheeeping. My other chickens haven't acted any different like something bad has happened.. but the little ones don't hangout with the main flock yet, they just stuck together... Now my chick left is on its own. Hope he'll be ok. I might see if I can find him a new home with others around 6 weeks old.

:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit

Chickie is gone! I looked everywhere!!
One of my 6 weeks olds. There was only 2 so now only 1 lonely chickie left. -- These are the chicks mother hen Nugget didn't care for so I had to take them but now they are outside since a week ago and happily doing there own thing, together...
Now one is on its own (in the flock of older chickens) will it be ok? The 2 chickies always were together.
What could have happened to chickie? Maybe a bird flew down and grabbed him? They have trees over so I thought they would be safe outside.
Just gone :hitView attachment 2553809
I found the body in the bush with inside eaten out of it. It was hard to see the little dark grey fluffy in the dirt/bush so I must have missed it when looking before but the others were avoiding the area so took another look there .. Not sure what would have done this... Someone's pet cat? What animal eats insides? 🤢🤮

I found the body in the bush with inside eaten out of it. It was hard to see the little dark grey fluffy in the dirt/bush so I must have missed it when looking before but the others were avoiding the area so took another look there .. Not sure what would have done this... Someone's pet cat? What animal eats insides? 🤢🤮
Rats will do that!

Oh no, I'm so very sorry 😭

I am so sorry! Poor little sweetie!😔
Cats can and will kill a silkie sized bird, especially a younger one. We have feral cats here and they will take the feral chickens chicks.

Back
Top Bottom