Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 781 95.9%
  • ^

Votes: 94 11.5%

• Total voters
83FF5FE7-BABD-4FC4-AAD9-53F0112376EF.jpeg
934C1049-8BA5-4B32-BC75-16B70BC2ACAF.jpeg
Just picked up these three little pullets from a breeder on the other side of the island. Most of her birds are beardless. Picked up the two little Partridge girls for my friend who lost her little pullet last week. Picked up the black one for myself. I do focus on bearded birds but I think I may be able to use her with my paint anyway.😊
The little partridges are maybe eight weeks at most and my best guess is the black one is three months old. Fairly certain they are female but as you all know Silkies can fool us!🤣 No cockerel signs whatsoever currently anyway. Being beardless makes them a bit easier to sex.
The breeder did have two that were bearded but they also had some good size wattles already so I suspected they were cockerels.
They will hang here in my quarantine tractor while my friend gets her coop ready. They already got their first dose of dewormer and a good dusting with permethrin powder!😊
67245B7D-0304-44ED-B4EF-ED184E5194F0.jpeg
5369A25B-09E3-4DA1-89C6-B9895837EA9A.jpeg
D691E326-B1CC-4E21-89F3-3BB15D448769.jpeg

View attachment 2838714View attachment 2838717Just picked up these three little pullets from a breeder on the other side of the island. Most of her birds are beardless. Picked up the two little Partridge girls for my friend who lost her little pullet last week. Picked up the black one for myself. I do focus on bearded birds but I think I may be able to use her with my paint anyway.😊
The little partridges are maybe eight weeks at most and my best guess is the black one is three months old. Fairly certain they are female but as you all know Silkies can fool us!🤣 No cockerel signs whatsoever currently anyway. Being beardless makes them a bit easier to sex.
The breeder did have two that were bearded but they also had some good size wattles already so I suspected they were cockerels.
They will hang here in my quarantine tractor while my friend gets her coop ready. They already got their first dose of dewormer and a good dusting with permethrin powder!😊View attachment 2838713View attachment 2838715View attachment 2838716
They're adorable! Personally, I prefer non-bearded, but I like having a mix of both

View attachment 2838714View attachment 2838717Just picked up these three little pullets from a breeder on the other side of the island. Most of her birds are beardless. Picked up the two little Partridge girls for my friend who lost her little pullet last week. Picked up the black one for myself. I do focus on bearded birds but I think I may be able to use her with my paint anyway.😊
They will hang here in my quarantine tractor while my friend gets her coop ready. They already got their first dose of dewormer and a good dusting with permethrin powder!😊View attachment 2838713View attachment 2838715View attachment 2838716
How adorable!!!! Im sure your friend will be so so happy w the new girls. They are all very pretty too!!

Aww! So cute ❤️ I hope they enjoy they're new homes! I love bearded but little non-bearded's like that steal my heart 💕

Okay, so i've finally got a broody Silkie. Well, she's been broody a week. :celebrateSuper excited to finally have her go broody. Feels like i've been waiting forever.🤣
So i've had lots of broodies before, but never a Silkie.
Do i need to sperate her from the rest of my silkies before her chicks hatch?? I always have to sperate my other broodies from the rest of their flock- but will I haven to sperate the Junia (my broody Silkie) from the rest of her flock or can shh raise her babies with the other silkies??
Thanks

Okay, so i've finally got a broody Silkie. Well, she's been broody a week. :celebrateSuper excited to finally have her go broody. Feels like i've been waiting forever.🤣
So i've had lots of broodies before, but never a Silkie.
Do i need to sperate her from the rest of my silkies before her chicks hatch?? I always have to sperate my other broodies from the rest of their flock- but will I haven to sperate the Junia (my broody Silkie) from the rest of her flock or can shh raise her babies with the other silkies??
Thanks
I never separated Pippin, and I had NO problems with any of the other flock members, even the roos were like protective daddies!

Back
Top Bottom