Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 787 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
2/3 first hatched chicks are 99,9% girls, one vaulted and another one non vaulted. the third chick is a giant compared to those 2 but still has a tiny and flat comb. they were hatched around 10th november.
That’s amazing to have that many be girls!! Might need to get you a lotto ticket or two! 😁🙃

That’s amazing to have that many be girls!! Might need to get you a lotto ticket or two! 😁🙃

wait! I have 8 chicks, 3+3+2, hatched about 2 weeks away. the young ones still are a mystery. only one of the youngest ones started to "grow" a bump on comb. but in my experience even girls can have a slight bump on comb. I am praying for 2 boys. I don't want to have 1 boy only as bad things do happen.

OK so eight chicks have hatched so far! There is one that has not even internally pipped yet but it is shadowing at the bottom of the egg so appears to be some life in there. Maybe just a late developer. Will leave it in the incubator to see what happens.🤞
Here are some photos of the ones that have hatched.
One blue, three black, four paint. Two of the paints look white except there is a random black feather here and there.🥰View attachment 2973864View attachment 2973865View attachment 2973868View attachment 2973867View attachment 2973869
Ah! They r so precious!!!

OK so eight chicks have hatched so far! There is one that has not even internally pipped yet but it is shadowing at the bottom of the egg so appears to be some life in there. Maybe just a late developer. Will leave it in the incubator to see what happens.🤞
One blue, three black, four paint. Two of the paints look white except there is a random black feather here and there.🥰View attachment 2973864View attachment 2973865View attachment 2973868View attachment 2973867View attachment 2973869
Omg :love They are gorgeous ❤️
Congrats on all those beautiful babies 🎉
I hope with all my heart that the last one will hatch, too :fl :bow

How are the eggs doing that are due on the 31st?

wait! I have 8 chicks, 3+3+2, hatched about 2 weeks away. the young ones still are a mystery. only one of the youngest ones started to "grow" a bump on comb. but in my experience even girls can have a slight bump on comb. I am praying for 2 boys. I don't want to have 1 boy only as bad things do happen.
Do you have pictures? 😊

They are so adorable! If I lived in Hawaii I'd definitely be on your list for a paint chick.

Well I did it, 5 eggs went into the incubator yesterday evening. Fingers crossed everything goes well and hatch day should be February 16th. After Chiquita laid her 5th egg yesterday I finally let Branch meet her as he has been dying to. He was so good and spent 30 minutes in the cat carrier where she lay's her eggs rearranging her nest calling both girls to him to supervise his work. If these 5 eggs are duds, I will try again in March and hopefully by then Poppy will be laying and I will have more eggs to fill spots.

Well I did it, 5 eggs went into the incubator yesterday evening. Fingers crossed everything goes well and hatch day should be February 16th. After Chiquita laid her 5th egg yesterday I finally let Branch meet her as he has been dying to. He was so good and spent 30 minutes in the cat carrier where she lay's her eggs rearranging her nest calling both girls to him to supervise his work. If these 5 eggs are duds, I will try again in March and hopefully by then Poppy will be laying and I will have more eggs to fill spots.
I just luv to see em act like "gentlemen"!!! Takin care of their girls is the best roo ever!

Back
Top Bottom