Silky hatch-along and OdoBan on eggs experiment

Pics
Odoban baptism :):lau Now my Olive Eggers were oxine dipped before being set in the incubator. Howecer, as I run an LF, its a little rough on the eggs BUT theyve been doing okay. Maybe you can compare Odoban vs Oxine, if theyre comparable?
That's awesome you're trying this out! In my Google-trained, unqualified opinion, Odoban goes one step beyond it though.

The research I did, prior to me doing this, did look up Oxine as it was also suggested. I was specifically looking for products that kill herpes 2 virus.

Oxine kills, (scroll past the EPA letter) among other things, Herpes virus 1. Directions to kill it said to soak for 5 minutes.

Odoban kills, among other things, Herpes virus 2. Directions to kill it said to soak for 1 minute.

Marek's Disease Virus (MDV) is classified as a Herpes virus 2 (Gallid alphaherpesvirus 2) (GaHV-2).

Why does each of these two products only kill one type of Herpes virus? I have no idea, but stuck with the product that killed the Herpes 2.

For killing the normal bacteria and viruses around our coops and on the eggs, I think Oxine is an excellent product though!

However, if you want/need to go the extra step of eliminating Herpes 2, Odoban would do it. There was another product CaviWipes I found that kills it, but it's a disinfectant wipe and takes 2 minutes. I thought dipping would be less harmful to the eggshell. I'm sure there are others, but I already had Odoban and their process of killing Herpes 2 seemed pretty simple.

1000040267.jpg
my husband ordered this book for me. Yea the one that doesn't want any more chicks :lau. But he is now look up the different breeds of chicks. Like Barnevelders ? How well to do in heat 🥵? :idunno

That's awesome you're trying this out! In my Google-trained, unqualified opinion, Odoban goes one step beyond it though.

The research I did, prior to me doing this, did look up Oxine as it was also suggested. I was specifically looking for products that kill herpes 2 virus.

Oxine kills, (scroll past the EPA letter) among other things, Herpes virus 1. Directions to kill it said to soak for 5 minutes.

Odoban kills, among other things, Herpes virus 2. Directions to kill it said to soak for 1 minute.

Marek's Disease Virus (MDV) is classified as a Herpes virus 2 (Gallid alphaherpesvirus 2) (GaHV-2).

Why does each of these two products only kill one type of Herpes virus? I have no idea, but stuck with the product that killed the Herpes 2.

For killing the normal bacteria and viruses around our coops and on the eggs, I think Oxine is an excellent product though!

However, if you want/need to go the extra step of eliminating Herpes 2, Odoban would do it. There was another product CaviWipes I found that kills it, but it's a disinfectant wipe and takes 2 minutes. I thought dipping would be less harmful to the eggshell. I'm sure there are others, but I already had Odoban and their process of killing Herpes 2 seemed pretty simple.
Oh yes! I love CaviWipes. We use them at work. There is a spray variant that you may be able to get your hands on

Good morning egglets! We are all waiting to see your shining little floofy faces! Shining from vibrant life, not shining from Odoban I must add 🤣

The incubator they're in smells so good. I wonder if the OB chicks will smell like that when they hatch. They'd be the coolest chicks ever!

1705942366778.png

Oh my gosh, those are adorable! I can't wait for your Maybe Marsha egglets to hatch out and pop on some shades because they are so cool 😎
I made it on Bing. It seems all the cute pictures cost a fee or are copyrighted, but why bother when you can just make your own anyway.

I'm hoping for a boy Marsha actually. ☺️

None were penned up together so there will be a few of each old tribe and new tribe. @LTAY1946 is going to know a day before us what he wound up with. Should be interesting! ❤️ They'll all be cute though for sure!

Back
Top Bottom