Silky hatch-along and OdoBan on eggs experiment

Pics
Good morning eggies! Keep growing you beautiful Ember 🥰

As a follow up story to our Rural King outing, I heard my hubby rummaging around in the kitchen last night after dinner and he's in there saying repeatedly, I'm gonna get bacon for breakfast tomorrow because I'm a good husband. 🤣 Sure enough, when I went out into the kitchen later, there's a pack of bacon thawing out, so guess who got bacon this morning? Yep, my good husband 😊😆 and fried eggs, thanks to all my wonderful ladies.
Absolutely precious! :love

DAY 15!!
T minus 2 days to lockdown.

I just candled and it's mostly good news in that there are no further deaths; however, three of the questionable ones, 4B, 13P, and 17C are definitely gone and 14C becomes a questionable one. 😢

It's rather hard to tell at this stage as they are pretty much filled up in their shells, but the rest are looking great! 🎉

DAY 15!!
T minus 2 days to lockdown.

I just candled and it's mostly good news in that there are no further deaths; however, three of the questionable ones, 4B, 13P, and 17C are definitely gone and 14C becomes a questionable one. 😢

It's rather hard to tell at this stage as they are pretty much filled up in their shells, but the rest are looking great! 🎉
So the Odoban eggies seem to be unphased by their Odoban baptism?

So the Odoban eggies seem to be unphased by their Odoban baptism?
Yup, we still have 3 OB ones and three regular ones. When I opened up that incubator, wow did it smell good! I did rinse them off after the 1-minute soak. I guess that means the eggshells absorbed a little bit while soaking? If so, it doesn't seem to have affected them. :confused:

Yup, we still have 3 OB ones and three regular ones. When I opened up that incubator, wow did it smell good! I did rinse them off after the 1-minute soak. I guess that means the eggshells absorbed a little bit while soaking? If so, it doesn't seem to have affected them. :confused:
I'll be doing a phase 2 to the Odoban experiment late this week :celebrate

I'll be doing a phase 2 to the Odoban experiment late this week :celebrate
After these hatch, I was thinking of doing an article. I'm not sure where it would go yet, but then if you do it too, we can add your info to it or join ours or something. I'm not sure how that all works with articles. Maybe @TwoCrows can help us with that. 🤗

After these hatch, I was thinking of doing an article. I'm not sure where it would go yet, but then if you do it too, we can add your info to it or join ours or something. I'm not sure how that all works with articles. Maybe @TwoCrows can help us with that. 🤗
I think an article about this experiment is an excellent idea! SO many people deal with not only Mareks but other lethal viruses a bacterias in their flocks and if using this method is a safe way to disinfect eggs before setting, people need to know about it!!

You can post it in this section of our Learning Center! https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/categories/hatching-eggs-raising-chickens.22/

I think an article about this experiment is an excellent idea! SO many people deal with not only Mareks but other lethal viruses a bacterias in their flocks and if using this method is a safe way to disinfect eggs before setting, people need to know about it!!

You can post it in this section of our Learning Center! https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/categories/hatching-eggs-raising-chickens.22/
Awesome! Thank you! ❤️
I'll figure out how to do it as a draft and then let you guys see it first and critique it, if that's possible. If not, I know from reading/rating many that the important thing to all of us is lots of pictures and thorough explanations.

Back
Top Bottom