Silly I know.

Yooperducker

Songster
5 Years
Feb 11, 2017
Copper Harbor, MI
This is probably a silly question but would ducklings 'snuggle' with a stuffed animal if I put it in the brooder with them? They arrive in a week and I am a ridiculous 'New Mom'. It is a big super soft cuddly thing that just looked cozy. Not sure if ducklings are cuddlers or not.

love.gif

No question is a stupid question......

I recently hatched a single Call duckling- being the only duckling, she loves to cuddle with her teddy bear, although if there are several ducklings, then they will probally just cuddle together.

What breed(s) are you getting? :D

Best of luck,
Charlotte

Thank you Dancing! I am getting 3 Pekins, 1 Black Swedish and Cayuga. At this point I am at the 'hurry up and wait' stage as I am all prepared for their arrival and really excited about it. So now all I need is them!

Next spring I would like to get a Saxony, Ancona and a Silver Appleyard

I felt a bit silly about the big stuffed pink horse but it will be nice and soft for them and the pictures will be awfully cute too.

Thank you for responding so quickly and putting my mind at ease.

I've seen ducks snuggle up to a stuffed animal! Never tried it with mine, but that was because I didn't want them to poop all over it.. I think it could work!
big_smile.png

Yep i bet they will like it:) although yes i imagine will get pooped on! But everything gets pooped on when you have ducklings
1f609.png

Mine are super cuddly with each other and me when i sit with them.

Thank you Dancing!  I am getting 3 Pekins, 1 Black Swedish and  Cayuga.  At this point I am at the 'hurry up and wait' stage as I am all prepared for their arrival and really excited about it.  So now all I need is them!

I felt a bit silly about the big stuffed pink horse but it will be nice and soft for them and the pictures will be awfully cute too.

I wanted a silver appleyard and saxony too! I had already ordered 10 runner ducks... and decided to stick with them. But I think next spring i want one of each and a magpie! Cant wait to see your ducklings! I had to wait 2 weeks from time of order to duckling arrival. It felt like forever and i bought 3 khaki campbells from the feed store a week before they arrived because i couldnt take it
1f923.png

I got 2 Pekin ducklings about 5 or 6 weeks ago. They LOVEEEE to snuggle. They snuggle me and eachother. My ducks love having a towel to nibble on when they come inside. I'm sure they'd love a stuffed animal!

lol, I ordered mine in JANUARY so I have been crazy with anticipation! I was at the feed yard last week stalking the ducklings there. Luckily someone was with me to keep me from leaving with any.
barnie.gif
I had a lot to learn in the meantime, not too mention their permanent home cannot be built until the snow leaves us, so timing was important. I don't think I could have dealt with 5 diapered ducks and a dog for two months in the house though.

Thank you Dancing!  I am getting 3 Pekins, 1 Black Swedish and  Cayuga.  At this point I am at the 'hurry up and wait' stage as I am all prepared for their arrival and really excited about it.  So now all I need is them!

It sounds like you're going to have a beautiful flock! Please post us some pictures when they arrive :D

Back
Top Bottom