Silver Appleyard Indian Runner Duckling - 5.5 Week old pics, 26th May

Wokawidget

Songster
10 Years
Jul 7, 2009
Hi,

I finally got my 2 week old Silver Appleyard Indian Runner duckling.
She's incredible tame, bold and a quick learner.

Following me:
36222_dsc03573.jpg

Mountain climbing:
36222_dsc03512.jpg

Resting in the shadow of my White Campbell:
36222_dsc03499.jpg

My White Campbell loves her and got VERY excited the 1st day I brought her home.
They now drink, eat, swim and clean together when we're supervising.

I'll post more week by week as she grows and feathers out.

Woka

Last edited:
The above pictures were taken 2 weeks ago when she was 2 weeks old.
Here are some of her at 4 weeks old with her feathers starting to come through.

36222_dsc03586.jpg

36222_dsc03583.jpg

36222_dsc03590.jpg

She's learning what worms and spades are and is giving the Campbell and the chickens a run for their money when it comes to snuffling and stealing worms.

Woka

How adorable! I am so jealous! The pictures you posted previously really have made me want to work with that color in Runners, as if I need to be working with more Runner colors, LOL. She is a cutie.
smile.png

She's VERY friendly too...and quite intelligent. She knows about 3 to 4 commands now...still working on "Play Time" so she play fights with me like the white Campbell does
smile.png

How close is she to a true Silver Appleyard duckling?
I searched for them on google but it brought back 1 week old pics, or adult pics.
When she was 2 weeks she looked the same as Silver Appleyard ducklings on google...but I can't find any on google as they are starting to feather out.

The place where I got them has no less than 18 different runner duck colors...they sell them around the world as show ducks.
Apparently it took Graham 15 years from scratch to breed the Appleyard color to what he has now.

Cheers,

Woka

Back
Top Bottom