Silver Lace Polish

llombardo

Crowing
Mar 11, 2018
Illinois
I picked up 8 chicks. One silver lace polish and a white crested polish. All the chicks are growing but the silver lace is still pretty small compared to the rest. I call her tiny or lil one. They are about 3 weeks. She eats, drinks, plays, roosts and poops just like the others, but I feel something is wrong and I can't put my finger on it.

I noticed that she keeps her beak open sometimes after drinking and it seems like the top is not long enough to cover the bottom if that makes sense. Then other times it's closed. Then I thought maybe blind and then I see her getting around just fine. Today I gave them scrambled eggs and she took a while to come to the dish and then she would run witha piece and then come back and kind of seemed like she was watching the others to get back to the bowl.

Do they seem to grow slower? Am I missing something? She is a sweetheart, just very small. Will she catch up? The others are noticeably bigger but breeds like cinnamon Queen, EE, sapphire gem.

I feel silly for asking... but is she possibly bantam? :confused:

Pics welcome! ;):pop

Thought crossed my mind, but she wasn't bought as a bantam. We all know that might not matter.

image.jpg
image.jpg

What a cute bunch! :love

Kinda makes me wish I was keeping a mixed flock again instead of breeding only a select few. :hmm

Once in a great while I get a slow grower... seems like genetics, even though they definitely aren't bantam.

Something inside says that babe is a cockerel. :oops: But I have zero reasonable indicators to such, and hope I'm wrong. :pop

What a cute bunch! :love

Kinda makes me wish I was keeping a mixed flock again instead of breeding only a select few. :hmm

Once in a great while I get a slow grower... seems like genetics, even though they definitely aren't bantam.

Something inside says that babe is a cockerel. :oops: But I have zero reasonable indicators to such, and hope I'm wrong. :pop

Do not say that bad word(cockerel) I already have 2 roisters and I believe one in this group is a boy--the Oliver egger. Nothing is screaming boy with the polish.

I keep watching the thickness of the legs--sometimes I think oh no they are all boys

Back
Top Bottom