Silver laced Barnevelder with one watery eye?

Chickenclaw

Songster
Mar 4, 2019
Australia, Vic
Hi,
About two weeks ago I bought two new chickens to add to my pre existing flock; A Rhode Island Red and a Silver Laced Barnevelder. During the second day of keeping the birds I noticed the Barnevelder kept one of it’s eyes almost constantly closed. I then took the two birds and the owner treated them both with some medicine (I don’t know what it was) and kept them at his place for ten days.

I brought the birds back home a few days ago and I noticed that one of Barnevelder’s eyes has extra liquid and bubbles in it. There’s no discharge from the nose or the opposite eye neither is the Rhode Island Red affected.
A808B75F-D7E5-4654-B6B8-ED3C0278B0B4.jpeg

First picture: the normal eye

EEC6960C-7955-4779-B86D-523843BFC091.jpeg

Second picture: the watery eye with slight bubbles and redness

If anyone knows what’s wrong with the bird or what I can give the bird to help it please reply.

Thank you

Could she have poked it on something? Or got something in it? Other than that, the only other causes for this would be a mild respiratory infection such as Mycoplasma Gallisepticum (MG), Infectious Bronchitis (IBV), Infectious Coryza or Infectious Laryngotracheitis (ILT). You can treat with Terramycin antibiotic eye ointment to see if that helps her.

Back
Top Bottom