Silver laced Cochin?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Roux, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Roux

Roux Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, that's what she's *supposed* to be, but doesn't quite have the look of my other SL birds. I realize that there's probably going to be some variability from individual to individual, so thank you all for your patience & helping me through this learning curve.

Anyway...here's a baby pic:
    [​IMG]

After 10 days
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And today
    [​IMG]

Whatever she is, she's a complete DOLL! Fabulous outgoing personality, and once she's with you, she'll snuggle down & cuddle in your hand or on your lap. Oh yeah, I'm smitten...in DEEP smit!!!! [​IMG] LOVE this chicken!

2. IrkanInvader89

IrkanInvader89 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2008
    Within The Matrix
    Yeah, doesn't look silver laced to me. Interesting coloring! I'm not really too sure what it will turn out to be.

3. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I have 5 adult SLC - I dont remember mine looking like that - but she is a total sweetie - what have you named her ?

Julie

4. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Looks kinda like a silver pencilled cochin to me...

5. ncgnance

ncgnance Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Iredell County, NC
    Doesn't look quite like my silver laced cochin chicks. Mine have more white on black, but she's a beauty...

6. Roux

Roux Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Oh, yes she is!!! What a little sugar bear! I named her "Marzipan" & it just seems to fit her to a tee. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    not that is a cool name - I can never think of really good names for my girls - I have a pair of bantys Bonnie & Clyde lol
    we also have a SLC named yeap - Lacey [​IMG] - my DH named his white pekin Afflac.
    she is going to be so spoiled - you are in trouble now LOL

Julie

8. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I hate to point it out, but she looks like a dark brahma. The coloring is silver pencilled, and it looks like it has a pea comb. Also, even in the most recent pic, it looks like a brahma in type. It looks like a hatchery bird because it has pencilling on the back, but the breast is white. When we got some brahmas from MM, they ended up looking like a cross between dark and light brahmas.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by