Silver-Laced Sebright crossed with Orpington?

Quote:
Very nice looking chick there, see I can see sebright written all over that chick, I don't see sebright in clares chick at all.

Quote:
None of this would be true. yes a bantam can breed a LF. Also the chick would not be laced to say. Yes it would have some lacing but the lacing would be very minimal. The crossing could produce alot really. I have a buff orp x black ameraucana cross that has no buff what so ever. She is completely black and white. I also have a white leghorn x with the black ameraucana and the chick is 99% white white 2-3 black feathers on her wing.

Quote:
Ok I give up, but you need to talk to real experts not the people at shelters or whatever, yes they are looking for homes for the animals and they do a good job.

The natural diet of a cat is, mice birds bugs lizards stuff like that +even grass, Do you really think that a canned or Dry cat food is natural for a cat. full of whatever they put in it, chemicals and all. I'm not saying to get a cat and throw it outside and not feed it. I'm saying that if a cat found its self in that position it would adapt yes it could be killed . Cats are predators its what they do, they hunt, weather or not you feed them. There are some people out there that actually go out and buy raw meats , chicken, fish, so that there cats can have a Natural Diet. Why do you think that the makers of cat food put chicken, fish, meat in there foods? because they are the natural food for cats in a can or a box, that is way more convient for people in homes to feed to them, Why do you think they put all the fillers in it? to make a profit. Meat is expensive, meat by products cheap in comparison, bone, beaks, feet, feathers, all are the by products and alot more that I can't even think of right now.

Besides that many people on farms have what they call barn cats, and they do not feed them cat food, yes they put down water for them but the cats are expected to catch the little critters running around and dispose of them by eating them,

Mereks is a disease that can effect any chicken breed not just sebrights they might have a higher percentage rate of getting it but all chicken owners should be aware that it is a possibility.

The " short of a DNA test " thing, it was just my way of saying we got nothing to go on so the possibilitys are endless. I can play the whose your daddy game or even the whose your momma but when the game is whose your momma and your daddy, Im clueless.

It is very possible that all those people walking around in this Desolate, isolated areas didn't see a chicken , give ya an example just the other day Emerald my SS took off into this area on my yard, that is covered in leaf litter and dead tree branches weeds and brambles, I watched her go in, and mind you this area is very small in comparison to say the wild , I tried to get in to where she was but I couldn't find her. She went in to lay an egg, she came out about 20mins later and I went back in and found the egg, and I had searched that area and I did not see her sitting there. but she was because the egg was still there and warm? So yah they are good at camo. and being quiet if the feel the need.
Newborn Deer fawns hide in the grass and predators walk right past them its a survival technique, or instinct whatever you want to call it.

That doesn't mean that there def. was an unknown Rooster out there lurking waiting for the chance to mate but the possibility is there.

Quote:
Well, I don't see Sebright at all. As Tim said, a silver roo cannot father gold chicks, not to mention the whole lacing thing. Then there's the issue of where he got the blue gene. He also has a single comb, which is recessive. You may never know his true parentage.

Like others have mentioned, Marek's can affect EVERY chicken, not just Sebrights.

Quote:
I am not the OP but they look white to me. What do you think?

I wasnt possitive, but if they are white they sebright cant be the father, if I understand correctly the legs would be dark if the sebright was teh father.

Are you sure that the farmer didn't have a third rooster which might have been killed in the couple weeks before the egg was laid? Chickens can hold sperm, but I'm not sure how long. So when you asked what roosters were present when the egg was laid, the farmer might have been correct in saying only the Sebright and Leghorn. Just another question to ask the next time you talk to him. I don't see any Sebright in the cockeral either, but what do I know.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom