Silver Laced Wyandotte sexing

Pics
I really hope so! So many people have been telling me that they are roosters and one is a roo for sure
Females have nice clear lacing, while males get solid bars or blotchy at the top of the wings. See the following image..

Both those are male.

Also, I firmly believe, at the age you state... any males would be trying to chase the females around and grab the back of their necks to try and mate. Young pullets will usually holler because they don't quite know what's going on yet. :old

Is it #3 they are telling you is a roo "for sure"? I don't think so! :hmm :pop:D

Females have nice clear lacing, while males get solid bars or blotchy at the top of the wings. See the following image..

Both those are male.

Also, I firmly believe, at the age you state... any males would be trying to chase the females around and grab the back of their necks to try and mate. Young pullets will usually holler because they don't quite know what's going on yet. :old

Is it #3 they are telling you is a roo "for sure"? I don't think so! :hmm :pop:D
This is the one that they are saying is for sure a roo

Both those are male.

Haha yeah sorry forgot to add the pic then hit reply to add it again and ended up adding it to my reply lol gotta love technology and my phone is going ridiculously slow and now the dang pic won't upload...I shall keep trying

I have never seen a Wyandotte with that pattern though I would definitely say female. And if she is indeed Wyandotte, so cool to have something different! :wee

Can you tell if she has a rose comb or pea? I'm half blind. :oops:

Actually, your bird in the backgound looks like a mix.. where did you get this girl? Is she possibly a mix? If not, I hope someone chimes in so I can learn something new! :old

I have never seen a Wyandotte with that pattern though I would definitely say female. And if she is indeed Wyandotte, so cool to have something different! :wee

Can you tell if she has a rose comb or pea? I'm half blind. :oops:

Actually, your bird in the backgound looks like a mix.. where did you get this girl? Is she possibly a mix? If not, I hope someone chimes in so I can learn something new! :old

Back
Top Bottom