Silver laced Wyandotte

H-TrueNorth

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 30, 2012
I got a 1800 sqft run and 10 chickens. 3 Golden Commets, 3 Dominiques, 2 White Rock and 2 Silver Laced Wyandotte's. All Hens. The problem is with one of the Silver's she is starting to get pecked out by the other Silver and seems isolated and does not look like her winter feathers have come in nicely. Also looks smaller by 1/4 to 1/2 lb than all the others. Her comb is also looking less red and a bit dry. Not healthy. I have been feeding her by hand and some higher protein and callorie food and but I am worried. So my question is this. Do I seperate her from the flock? If so in my home (I can do in the basement or the laundry room but both would be in a dog crate) or in the shed off the house (gets to about 20degrees higher than any outdoor temp We live in Massachusetts)? Should I remove the possible offenders who are picking on her? If I bring her in is there any additional care I should consider? I am good at basic care (mites/ warm coop/ predators) but this is new. She is less than 1 year old.

Thanks,
Derwood.

Try Pinless Peepers on the aggressors. To remove her would only make her more of a target upon reintroduction. Continue providing her with supplementations and hopefully she will regain her strength. Better to temporarily removed those causing the problem.

Where do I get the peepers? I just checked Amazon and googled them. Cant find options to buy.

Back
Top Bottom