SILVER PIED ??????

For me this peahen must be a Blue peahen ( phenotype totally Blue with no signe of BS ) and muts be split BS.

On the other hand,the father MUST be a Blue BS or a Blue split BS.
If this peahen was cross with a pure Blue peacock all the peachicks will be Blue and some of them Blue split BS.
The phenotype of this peahen shows any signs of BS peahen ?
Is this your photo or one taken from the net? if it is not your photo it could be that another hen layed in the same place this hen did , they do that ya know.
wink.png
I have swapped out pied eggs for blue eggs so i could make sure nothing got them besides me, swap them pea eggs for goose eggs even
wink.png

For me this peahen must be a Blue peahen ( phenotype totally Blue with no signe of BS ) and muts be split BS.

If this peahen was cross with a pure Blue peacock all the peachicks will be Blue and some of them Blue split BS.

Dany, I do not understand what you are trying to say here.

Not completely sure what you are asking, but I think you are asking if IB split BS hens show any sign of being split BS. I don't know of any signs like those that exist in split BS males.

In my admittedly very limited experience, I've noticed these differences between our 100% IB girls and our one verified IB split BS girl:

Have any of you noticed these traits, or is it just our IB split BS girl?

In my admittedly very limited experience, I've noticed these differences between our 100% IB girls and our one verified IB split BS girl:

Have any of you noticed these traits, or is it just our IB split BS girl?

Would this work on 2014 hens? I have a whole passel of young IB hens from IBBS/Cameo cock. I had asked a couple of months ago about one or two of the hens with very dark brown on the back of their heads, comparing them to the rest that have mostly white on the back of their heads. Perhaps they are too young yet?

Chicken Girl, who is pictured above, is the only girl here that I know for sure is IB split BS (she's Little Yellow's momma).
I noticed that her head and back of neck area were lighter than the other girls when she was quite young, but I can't tell you exactly when.
At the time, I had no clue about anything related to BS, and I vaguely suspected it had something to do with the fact that she was hatched by a chicken!
lau.gif

Live and learn!

Chicken Girl, who is pictured above, is the only girl here that I know for sure is IB split BS (she's Little Yellow's momma).
I noticed that her head and back of neck area were lighter than the other girls when she was quite young, but I can't tell you exactly when.
At the time, I had no clue about anything related to BS, and I vaguely suspected it had something to do with the fact that she was hatched by a chicken!
lau.gif

Live and learn!

You been reading a lot of Doctor Seuss? Like Horton, maybe?
lau.gif
I always loved those....

Merci pour vos reponses
Je constate que pour faire un tableau correcte il faut tenir compte des deux partenaires

Midnight Black shoulder cock: M/M:No/No:BS/BS
Midnight White Eye split Black Shoulder hen: M/M:We/We:BS/Nw

Je me demande si par exemple je veux croiser ma femelle avec un bleu classique homozygote IB/IB
Cela va me donner IB/M/We/BS et IB/M/We/Nw c'est á dire tous bleu mais split M, We, BS

Si je veux encore compliquer
Je croise maintenant ma femelle avec par exemple Cameo !!!!!

Si j'ai bien compris j'obtiendrai tous des bleus split Cameo split M split We, split BS

Problème supplémentaire Cameo = liée au sexé ?,,
Après cela je pense que j'aurais tout compris en génétique
Je n'ai pas le temps ce soir de traduire Merci

En anglais (in English)

Thank you for your responses.

I note that to make a correct table (Punnett square), it is necessary to count both partners.

Midnight Black shoulder cock: M/M:No/No:BS/BS
Midnight White Eye split Black Shoulder hen: M/M:We/We:BS/Nw

I ask myself, if for example, I want to cross my hen with a classic India Blue homozygous IB/IB --
That will give me IB/M/We/BS and IB/M/We/Nw which is to say all blue, but split M (midnight) WE (white eye) and BS (black shoulder).

[Not translating here, but a comment from me, Garden Peas: I think only half the chicks would be split BS, mom is split BS, she will only give the BS gene to one chick of two. I think it is listed correctly above.]
[@Jack07 , de moi, je pense que ne la moitié des poussins seront divisés nigripens car la paonne soit divisé soi même, alors elle ne le donnent qu'a un poussin de deux. Je pense que c'est correct au dessus.
]

If I wish to make it more complicated...
Now I believe that my hen has, for example, cameo!!!

If I understand correctly, I will obtain all blues split cameo, split midnight, split WE, split BS

An additional problem -- cameo lies on the sex gene?
After that, I think I will thoroughly understand the genetics.
I do not have time this evening to translate. Thank you.

Hope this helps,
Peas

Happy New Year, @Jack07
frow.gif

All joking about elephant birds and chickpeas aside, I think we got sidetracked with recognizing split black shoulder chicks, and never gave you a proper answer to your question about adding in cameo genes.

I am definitely going to need @AugeredIn to help with this, because the last time I tried to explain sex-linked genetics, I mangled it badly.

I think there are two important pieces to the discussion. First, the inheritance of the sex-linked color itself, and second, the effect of crossing the sex-linked colors with the normal, or non-sex linked colors. There was a discussion about this recently, so I will try to find it again. I think my eyes glazed over halfway through the technical portion and I never finished reading it last month... that hardly ever happens
gig.gif

Let me start by asking a question, do you already understand the inheritance of sex-linked colors? Or should we start with that part of the explanation first

I apologize for my part in derailing the conversation, and hope you had a wonderful holiday season.

Happy New Year, @Jack07
frow.gif

All joking about elephant birds and chickpeas aside, I think we got sidetracked with recognizing split black shoulder chicks, and never gave you a proper answer to your question about adding in cameo genes.

I am definitely going to need @AugeredIn to help with this, because the last time I tried to explain sex-linked genetics, I mangled it badly.

I think there are two important pieces to the discussion. First, the inheritance of the sex-linked color itself, and second, the effect of crossing the sex-linked colors with the normal, or non-sex linked colors. There was a discussion about this recently, so I will try to find it again. I think my eyes glazed over halfway through the technical portion and I never finished reading it last month... that hardly ever happens
gig.gif

Let me start by asking a question, do you already understand the inheritance of sex-linked colors? Or should we start with that part of the explanation first

I apologize for my part in derailing the conversation, and hope you had a wonderful holiday season.
And in French, now that I have had enough coffee to focus. En français; dès que ma café...

Bonne Année @Jack07 !

Blague sur les oiseaux éléphants et les poussins y pois chiches à côté, je pense que nous nous sommes laisser distraire par le sujet de la reconnaissance du poussins divisés nigripens, et je ne vous ai donné une réponse appropriée à votre question si on ajoute les gènes camée.

J'irai besoin de @AugeredIn pour aider avec l'explication, parce que la dernière fois que j'ai essayé d'expliquer la génétique liés au sexe, je l'ai mutilé.

Je pense qu'il ya deux éléments importants à la discussion. Tout d'abord, l'héritage de la couleur liée au sexe lui-même, et la seconde, l'effet de la melange des couleurs liées au sexe avec les couleurs normale ou non liée au sexe. Il y avait une discussion à ce sujet récemment, donc je vais essayer de le retrouver. Je pense que mes yeux vitreux à mi-chemin à travers la partie technique et je ne ai jamais fini de lire le mois dernier ... ce qui se passe presque jamais!

Permettez-moi de commencer par poser une question: Comprenez-vous déjà l'héritage de couleurs liées au sexe? Ou bien aurions-nous commencer avec cette explication première?

Je me excuse pour ma part à faire dérailler la conversation, et je souhaite que vos célébrations de Noël et de l'année nouvelle soyait joyeuse.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom