Silver Spitzhauben chick

juliasflock

Crowing
5 Years
Mar 19, 2017
0F317B58-FC06-4144-B152-191B3E2854E0.jpeg
CBE929D0-903A-4204-AE5C-FC2E1F687660.jpeg
663A9D99-1675-442F-B1D5-F2FEF8D06285.jpeg
All 5 of my Spitz chicks have been very flighty and skittish, up until a couple days ago. This little one has become very curious with me, and it looks as though it has some pink in its tiny little wattles. Thoughts?

It’ll be 3 weeks old on Friday. Single comb chicks are so much easier to sex!!

My baby turned 3 weeks old yesterday. Yours looks to have a lot more feathers and more crest than mine. He/she is a little flighty. I take her outside to play because she is the only one her age. Long story there but she has a mirror and I let her play outside the older baby’s coop every day. She stays pretty close but not on top of me unless something scares her then she is all over me. I say she because it’s easier than typing he/she but I honestly don’t have a clue. I think with the slower development she is probably a he but then again she talks constantly like my little girl so maybe???? Really though her crest has just started popping up over the past 2-3 days, tail feathers have been slowly growing over the past 4-5 days but no feathers on the back between wings, none on the neck, none on the chest, and fortunately none on the feet . (I know it’s a clean leg bird but had to throw that in there) I have more of this breed hatching as we speak!

Back
Top Bottom