Simply Terrible

What is predation like in Thailand? I mean I'm sure it varies but specifically where you are at. I just have so many raccoons that if my birds slept in the trees they would be killed in the first week or two. I just bought 4 guineas and 3 turkeys yesterday so I'm sure I'll have to figure out a way to house them before long. I just wish we'd have some dry weather.

In order of danger, starting from the most dangerous:

Neglected and hungry dogs

Snakes in the rainy season

Birds of prey

Cats.

However, there are so many free range chickens here that any particular one would be unlucky to get caught. The dogs, from our experience, prefer the sport provided by turkeys and can get through a keyhole to reach them. Our turkeys wanted to roost outdoors but we herded them to bed at night.

Poultry seem to be able to avoid the others most of the time. I think that our banties have taken to the trees tonight because they spotted a prowling kitten. Suits me fine!

What is predation like in Thailand?  I mean I'm sure it varies but specifically where you are at.  I just have so many raccoons that if my birds slept in the trees they would be killed in the first week or two.  I just bought 4 guineas and 3 turkeys yesterday so I'm sure I'll have to figure out a way to house them before long.  I just wish we'd have some dry weather.  

Cupman, if you are in Portland city limits, I would either talk to your neighbors now (if they are close to you) or line up homes for those Guineas..... cuz they are louder than all getout and I'm sure Portland codes won't allow it. Worse than a rooster....

Thanks for your concern, wbruder17, but I actually live outside the city limits. I just have Portland displayed on my profile because it's most recognizable. I'm about 5 minutes to the east of Portland.. though I would never admit to anyone I lived in Gresham, that place is awful. Troutdale is probably closer.

Last edited:
Wafer board= K-mart fall apart.
In So. Calif. it will last 20 years.

old.gif

Back
Top Bottom