Sit'n on the porch

Please share the recipe...? I sure do miss pumpkin stuff this time of year.

There's a bakery near me that has pumpkin cream cheese muffins and roll up logs that are fantastic. And only in my memory now. 😢
https://www.glutenfreepalate.com/gluten-free-pumpkin-cake/
I used this recipe, but used half brown sugar and my own flour blend which is similar. We don't use xanthan gum, in this case I just left it out. I used my own frosting recipe.

:caf
Good Friday Morning, I hope everyone slept well.

I am finishing up cup#2 and going to head for the coop soon

096.jpg

:caf
Good Friday Morning, I hope everyone slept well.

I am finishing up cup#2 and going to head for the coop soon

View attachment 2917175
Good afternoon! It was 38 degrees with morning and flurries which have melted….stopping for a mid-day beverage. Hope everyone is enjoying their day.

Question, how long do you pressure cook your bones? I have an instant pot that I would like to do the same with but am unsure of the time.

Good afternoon! It was 38 degrees with morning and flurries which have melted….stopping for a mid-day beverage. Hope everyone is enjoying their day.

Question, how long do you pressure cook your bones? I have an instant pot that I would like to do the same with but am unsure of the time.
I do it for 2 hours, then let the steam go down, then I test one of the bones to see if it is a bit soft,, if not I go another hour.

I do it for 2 hours, then let the steam go down, then I test one of the bones to see if it is a bit soft,, if not I go another hour.
The big bones in my broth are good for 2-3 "brothings." Ham bones, the breastbone and leg bones of the turkey are reused. I pull them out and put them in a ziploc bag with an X for each time they've been used.

DH really dislikes the smell of the whole process, so I do this while he's at work. When he retires, hm....

@Sally PB i am heading to TSC in Lowell in the next several days if you are venturing out! The girls need feed and some snacks for the deer. Let me know when you are out and about.
I like to go to Meijers on Mondays or Tuesdays. The weekend is just too busy. Let's see what the weather will be like Monday or Tuesday?

Wednesday is also a possibility... I just remembered I'm getting my Covid booster at Meijers at 1:30.

The big bones in my broth are good for 2-3 "brothings." Ham bones, the breastbone and leg bones of the turkey are reused. I pull them out and put them in a ziploc bag with an X for each time they've been used.

DH really dislikes the smell of the whole process, so I do this while he's at work. When he retires, hm....

I like to go to Meijers on Mondays or Tuesdays. The weekend is just too busy. Let's see what the weather will be like Monday or Tuesday?

Wednesday is also a possibility... I just remembered I'm getting my Covid booster at Meijers at 1:30.
You got it…I am down in Ada so let me know…I have meetings throughout the day on Zoom but can sneak away if im not scheduled out….

I am starting another batch of fermented sauerkraut tomorrow for christmas/ new year. So excited about trying new processing techniques for food!

Back
Top Bottom